Question Aorus Ultra Won't Install Windows 10 - Help Please!

PC4CAB

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2010
Folks,

I am stumped, and a Google search has not yielded any results this far. Here is my situation:

I have an Aorus Ultra and Master, and I simply can not get either to load Windows 10 off a DVD Drive. I have tried a few things, such as the hot swap settings, and disabling CSM, with no luck.

Everything boots to BIOS just fine, but when installing Windows 10, it always locks up at some point during install. I've tried different RAM, different module locations, and have updated the BIOS. Nothing seems to help. The gear I'm using is as follows:

16Gb HyperX DDR4
EVGA 2080ti
Kraken Z73 AIO Cooler
Corsair Platinum 1000 watt PSU

I'm stumped. My former mobo was an ASUS Maximus XI which worked great for years, but figured I'd mix it up, and try Gigabyte for a refresh.

Any ideas what might help? Does this board not like the 8086K? In my old system, I had it reliably overclocked to 5.4GHZ with no issues (delided).

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks!

PC4CAB

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2010
Same issue, install hangs. :(

For the life of me, I can't figure out what on earth is the problem. This is now 2 Gigabyte mobos that both behave the same way.

PC4CAB

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2010
I've tried both a USB thumb drive, and a SATA based DVD drive. Neither approach lets me install windows. Somewhere between 20-70% if installing it, the process hangs.

I'm starting to think its my processor, but it did work fine in my other build.

TRENDING THREADS