Question AORUS WATERFORCE X 240 - after firmware update, pc turns off by itself on logon

bebotette

Reputable
Aug 21, 2017
I am in desperate need because I can't use my computer now! Everytime windows shows up and when I log in, I can only use for like 1-3minutes then it turns off by itself completely. No errors or warnings. it would just turn off.
what happened before this: I updated the firmware from 1.1 to 1.5 (https://www.gigabyte.com/Thermal-Solution/AORUS-WATERFORCE-X-240/support#support-dl-firmware). I followed every instruction, and I am very sure I saw the message on the LCD that the upgrade was successful. When I rebooted after, the issue started.
some extra notes: before this firmware upgrade, there was absolutely no issue with the system. 100% juicy smooth.
Please really help. What can I do? I already tried safe mode. But I don't think it's the OS. This is so freaking annoying and scary.

Some quick specs of my build:
aorus x570 elite wifi
Ryzen 7 5800x
2pcs of m.2 ssds
1pc 4tb HDD (SATA)
aorus 32GB 3600mhz ram (16x2)
aorus rtx 3070ti 8gb
chassis: aorus c300g
750w gold PSU

Oct 21, 2021
Same issue, i tink it's a firmware issues, hope gigabyte make a new one.
You ha e to start pc and then manual re-set in aorus engine pump mode.
Big problem

Oct 21, 2021
I don't know if it's possibile a downgrade with the intermediari fw.
Tomorrow i have to try, but for this i have to remove sd card and put the fw file into it.

bebotette

Reputable
Aug 21, 2017
I just went to a tech guy today and he told me that I may have already bricked my AIO because of this friggin firmware. currently my AIO is now removed from my system (now using a temporary cooler), and will be sent to gigabyte for investigation and will see if they will claim responsibility for that and grant me something to honor the warranty.

bebotette

Reputable
Aug 21, 2017
Same issue, i tink it's a firmware issues, hope gigabyte make a new one.
You ha e to start pc and then manual re-set in aorus engine pump mode.
Big problem
you can do a reset inside the aorus engine? didn't know that.
and the last time I tried the aorus engine, when I try to launch the app, it just freezes and crashes so I didn't install it anymore.