Question Aorus Waterforce X 360 is obnoxiously loud. What is going on?

Feb 27, 2023
I just installed my first AIO and the radiator is loud as hell. It's a constant electrical motor whirring sound (not air bubbles sound) that fluctates from mildly annoying to super loud whenever the cpu temperature spikes (booting pc, opening a program, etc). It seemed fine when I first installed it, but as soon as I ran Aorus Engine after installing the software it got very loud. I found this reddit post which details 100% the same exact problem I have, every single word in the whole thread is spot on (even the aorus engine part and rgb fusion not changing fan color), but there is no solution mentioned. I don't think its the fans that are the problem, it sounds like its coming directly from the radiator itself. The radiator is correctly top mounted with the pump and tubes below to prevent air bubbles get trapped. Any idea what is happening?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you elaborate on how the AIO's block and the radiator is oriented in your chassis? Is there any way for you to verify what firmware version you're on for your AIO? Perhaps use Aorus Engine and see what firmware you're on? If you're on version F1.2, update to F1.6. As for your AIO, what processor and motherboard are you working with? Can you also elaborate on how the AIO's tethered to your motherboard/build?

found this reddit post which details 100% the same exact problem I have, every single word in the whole thread is spot on...but there is no solution mentioned.
if this is a documented problem with this hardware contact manufacturer support.

if no solutions are offered and/or others on their support forums are claiming that replacement hardware also suffered from the same issue(s);
return the cooler and get something better.

Feb 27, 2023
Can you elaborate on how the AIO's block and the radiator is oriented in your chassis? Is there any way for you to verify what firmware version you're on for your AIO? Perhaps use Aorus Engine and see what firmware you're on? If you're on version F1.2, update to F1.6. As for your AIO, what processor and motherboard are you working with? Can you also elaborate on how the AIO's tethered to your motherboard/build?
Thanks for the response. Here's an picture of my setup for clarity. Mobo is the z690 MSI edge WiFi ddr4, and cpu is i7 13700k. As far as I can tell this aio does not have any connections to the cpu fan header or the pump header on the mobo. The only connection to the mobo is the usb connection from the pump, which I have plugged into a usb 2.0 header on my mobo. Then there is a sata connection from the pump to my power supply, and some cables from the included aio fans which just daisy chain together (the fans are connected only to the radiator, not the mobo). I should note that I am not using the aio included fans for the radiator, I have them as intake at the bottom of my case, as you can see in the image I sent. I'm using 3 lian li infinity fans for the radiator, which are not connected to the mobo cpu fan header because they are connected to the same hub as the case fans (not sure how to separate this). Hopefully I am sort of making sense. Please let me know if you need more information :)

Also, now that I have the case open, the sound might actually be coming from the 3 fans on the bottom of the case (which are the aio fans wired to the rad) and not the radiator block. I going to try disconnecting them as see if the sound dissapears.

Feb 27, 2023
I actually went through the installation manual for the AIO to confirm what you were saying. I think you should return it and get something that isn't managed by USB and their horrible software/app.

Yeah I really wish I had known about the usb thing before purchasing it. I doubt I could return it now because I painted the fans to match my build. The pump seemed to be working fine before installing the software so I didn't have any reason to return it at that point. I ended up just replacing the aio fans with 3 fans that came with my case (btw the nzxt H9 flow case is awesome! Best part of the new build by far). The noise is gone now, although my cpu runs kind of hot during idle (typically just under 40C). I think its because the fans I have attached to the rad aren't connected to the cpu header? Idk, still looking into that.