Question Aorus x470 PCIex 1_1 melted ?

Dec 13, 2022
Ive built my pc 5 years ago and had no issues but recently upgraded my cpu to a Ryzen 7 5800x3d and would smell burning when it boots up but everything runs fine. Today I took my motherboard out to check if anything is visibly damaged and found the back of the PCIex 1_1 port was charred. Any reason why this could be?

Dec 13, 2022
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?

Picture of the damage?
Not sure how to post a pic from my phone on here, specs are:
Gigabyte aorus x470 gaming 7 wifi (5 years old)
Ryzen 7 5800x3D (2 weeks old)
Psu is a corsair 750m gold (5 years old)
2 x 8gb trident rgb ram 3200mhz (5 years old)
Everything was brand new when i bought them

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
No GPU?
Anyhow I would recommend for a RMA, but there is a bit of catch22 situation cause the manufacturer might decline RMA telling you had faulty components or PSU.
I would suggest you to wait until a mod or admin or any higher geek responds to your thread. Suggestions never hurt ya!

Dec 13, 2022
No GPU?
Anyhow I would recommend for a RMA, but there is a bit of catch22 situation cause the manufacturer might decline RMA telling you had faulty components or PSU.
I would suggest you to wait until a mod or admin or any higher geek responds to your thread. Suggestions never hurt ya!
Sorry i forgot to add in gpu i have a gigabyte 3060ti 8gb