[SOLVED] Aorus x570 Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2020
I need to know if i need to get an adapter for this board in order to get wifi going?
Im new to this but it seems odd to me that an antenna comes with the board and there are jacks for it on the board yet you still have to get an adapter.
Whats the point of the antenna if you are going to get a new one with the adapter you buy separately?...

Feb 24, 2020
https://www.aorus.com/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#pd_spec
Wireless Communication module
  1. Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band
  2. BLUETOOTH 5.0
  3. Support for 11ax 160MHz wireless standard and up to 2.4 Gbps data rate
    * Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
is buildin

I cant seem to get it working though, iv hooked up the antenna and nothing. Iv also checked the device manager and there is nothing in there called "wifi" or "wireless" or anything of the sort.
Perhaps i need drivers and im not supposed to be able to get wifi up and running straight after building the pc?

Feb 24, 2020
Guys im literally trying to get wifi going right after finishing the build, i havent installed any drivers what so ever. It looks like you guys are telling me that im not supposed to be able to have wifi avaliable without drivers. Guess i need to head out and get one of those Ethernet cables, havent had one of those in YEARS.

Guys im literally trying to get wifi going right after finishing the build, i havent installed any drivers what so ever. It looks like you guys are telling me that im not supposed to be able to have wifi avaliable without drivers. Guess i need to head out and get one of those Ethernet cables, havent had one of those in YEARS.
Every part needs a driver, whether it's included with some other drivers like chipset or not. First make sure WiFi is enabled in BIOS, windows should have found HW anyway, at least an "Unknown device". Driver should also be available on disk that came with your MB.

Feb 24, 2020
Every part needs a driver, whether it's included with some other drivers like chipset or not. First make sure WiFi is enabled in BIOS, windows should have found HW anyway, at least an "Unknown device". Driver should also be available on disk that came with your MB.
Just checked the BIOS and i couldnt find anything in there about wifi. I did get a disk with the motherboard that says "drivers/utilities" so it sounds important however i dont have a drive on this pc so i cant use it :(
I just checked the box as well and right on the front it says "wifi 6 ready" with the picture of the antenna plugged in. Its teasing me at this point, i really dont know if im supposed to have wifi access from the get go or if it needs drivers.
I will be getting a cable tomorrow and then hopefully i will find out that it indeed needed drivers because otherwise something is broken which would be super lame.
Im also hoping that those drivers and utilities are obtainable online because if not then i have a real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.