Aorus X7 DT Packs Desktop GPU, Avermedia Capture Card, G-Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbust3r

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Cant consider because of that logo. On the lid: Body building eagle? On the touchpad just looks like what Walmart would spec for a house brand, and the rest of the machine is a generic black plastic slab. Gigabyte needs to step up their game with this spin-off brand.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Holy Crap your right! it does look like a body building Eagle hahaha!

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

They stated the body is aluminum, not plastic.

My question is, how did they fit a 980 into a laptop? Modification done to the GPU or just slapped that in that laptop?

Actually, laptops use a different type of G-Sync. NOT the same G-Sync you'll find in gaming monitors.

Their is no module in G sync laptops. It works identically like FreeSync/Adaptive Sync. Which also means it has the same cons as freesync and adaptive sync since the module does more than most people realize.

Yeah I was quite surprised aswell. They are using the gtx 980 designed for laptops though, so it is possible. But in such a thin form factor is surprising, I've only seen 980s in the thicker gaming notebooks.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

Thanks for the insight - I am well versed with the GSYNC module for monitors, need to look into what sounds like an inferior version for laptops (possible Hz limitations ala freesync then?)

Status
Not open for further replies.