Aorus Z390 cablemod

Thibaud92

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Aorus Z390 ultra cablemod question.
So i have a Z390/gtx 1080/i9 9900k and i want to mod it with mesh/sleeved cables.
I see on the cpu connector it says on the manual it is 2x2 12v and 2x4 12v. Does that mean i need a 12pin connector? Because i thought a 8pin is normally only used..im a noob in pc building so.. if anyone can help to wich cables i need..
i need the 24 pin motherboard and the 8 pin for gpu. But for cpu im not sure.
This is from the manual
http://imgur.com/gallery/jnBK6Ug

Solution
No, those "Universele kabel verleng kit" might not match your power supply.
The board might work without the 4 pin connected, but since you're considering buying a power supply, I suggest buying one with 2 CPU 8 pin power cables, so that you'd be able to connect both headers.

Thibaud92

Prominent
May 4, 2017
I will be buying some from a aftermarket company not sure wich one yet. Probably cablemod but not the full pack because there are some useless cables i dont need.

No, those "Universele kabel verleng kit" might not match your power supply.
The board might work without the 4 pin connected, but since you're considering buying a power supply, I suggest buying one with 2 CPU 8 pin power cables, so that you'd be able to connect both headers.

Solution

Thibaud92

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Oke thanks.
I will try and look for them but in my country they don't deem to have types.. only i saw one full extension kit for rm but that was 130$..