Question Aorus Z390 elite bios issue

Nov 13, 2019
Im running into this weird issue with my newly built rig.
Its a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus elite, i was able to successfully install windows and boot to it, everything worked fine, just until i plugged some usb drives and restarted the PC.
Windows couldnt boot, a black screen showed saying: ‘an operating system wasn't found try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system’.

here is an image that shows the problem:
I thought this has to do with boot order, but boot option #1 is my SSD drive.
Windows is booting successfully only when i unplug my usb hard drives before turning pc on.
Motherboard BIOS version is the latest, just did the update, and it didn't fix the issue.
how could this be fixed? Is there a bios setting im missing? I dont want to plug/unplug usbs every time i restart the PC.

please assist ASAP!
Thanks!

Nov 13, 2019
There’s a setting somewhere about booting from USB that you need to disable. I. Sure you enabled it to install windows from a USB.

Thanks for the quick reply.
here is a snapshot of the USB configurations from my bios:
View: https://imgur.com/a/uLNBwZJ

What option do you think should be configured differently?

And this is the boot sequence configuration:
View: https://imgur.com/a/zFzq9yj

Although SSD is the first option in the boot sequence, it keeps picking up other connected USB and apparently skips booting from SSD.

USB Legacy Support enables the computer to use USB peripherals without running operating system drivers and can cause the system to hang on boot when an external hard drive is connected. USB Legacy Support can be turned off through the BIOS.

That also means you won’t be able to use a USB keyboard or mouse when the computer is booting up.

Unless you're trying to boot from the external hard drive, it doesn't need to be connected to the computer when you turn on the system. One solution to the boot failure problem is to disconnect the hard drive from the computer before you turn on the computer and connect the hard drive after the operating system has loaded.

Reactions: erow.22