Question Aorus Z390 Motherboard Update

MrSix18

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Hey Guys, Obviously new here and to this forum stuff but im trying so apologies if i post this into the wrong spot

Wanted some input on updating motherboard bios versions, Im currently running an aorus z390 Pro Wifi at bios version f5 (what it shipped with) and im currently not having any issues with it but upon checking gigabytes drivers section, I noticed they are way beyond the f5 bios and are on the f9a and f9b depending on your motherboard. Question is.. Should I go ahead and get with the times and update? Or follow the "if its not broke don't fix it" rule? Just feel like they could of revised a lot of things and im stuck with the oldest version. and with flash updating not as scary/difficult as it used to be back in the day, its not a big job anymore whatsoever. Wanted some input on if I should update and why or shouldn't update and why?? Thanks guys

P.S Obviously new here and to this forum stuff but im trying so apologies if i post this into the wrong spot. Ill figure this all out eventually!

If your PC runs fine, we don't recommend to update the BIOS, only you have problem for the newer hardware, or the pc will not run fine, then you need to update.

Or if you feel very comfortable to do it, then just go ahead to update the BIOS. Because nobody will know what happens during the BIOS update, if you don't do it right, you may kill the MB, and the PC. I mean the PC will not boot, then you need to replace the BIOS chip.

Also if you want to do it, make sure the PC is connect to the UPS ( uninterruptible power supply). Without it, because if the power is outage, that will kill the MB.