Ap and client bridge problem

mikewv100

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I have a wireless router with an ingenius set eoc2611p set to access mode. 200 feet away I have another 2611 set to client bridge. They are set up and associating. If I hardwire a client into second 2611p all is well. What do I need to hook up the client bridge up to where multiple wireless points can sign in???

Can I hook a router to CB? or Can settings be changed on 2611p to allow it to connect to clients wirelessly. These clients will be 3 ip cameras.

Thanks

If I understand you correctly, what you're asking is whether the eoc2611p can act as a wireless repeater. IOW, not just connect to the remote AP as a wireless client, but simultaneously establish its own wireless AP for its own wireless clients.

After skimming the literature, it appears it does NOT have that capability. It’s either one or the other, but not both (granted, I only skimmed it, but saw nothing that indicated otherwise). But you could patch either a standalone wireless AP, or use a router configured for AP mode and basically create your own wireless repeater.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36406-43-convert-wireless-router-wireless-access-point