[SOLVED] AP router address not listed in DHCP table of TP link AX1000

Oct 10, 2021
I recently purchased TP link AX1000 and connected everything to it including Asus AC 87U router as AP. The issue i seem to be having is Asus is not listed in DHCP of TP link router. I am able to access it using asus program on my phone that somehow is able to find the ip address but it's not in the table of AX1000. Anyone else seen such an issue before?

Solution
I figured out what happened in case someone else run to this situation.

My Asus AP is plugged in to Netgear smart switch which is plugged in to the TP link Ax11000. While Asus AP is set to receive ip automatically, my Netgear smart switch have DHCP set to off. As result it appears that Asus Ap retained old ip somehow.
You really want to set your Asus to a static IP address anyway. You don't want to have to guess (or research) what address your network equipment has.
Oct 10, 2021

My Asus AP is plugged in to Netgear smart switch which is plugged in to the TP link Ax11000. While Asus AP is set to receive ip automatically, my Netgear smart switch have DHCP set to off. As result it appears that Asus Ap retained old ip somehow.

kanewolf

Titan

You really want to set your Asus to a static IP address anyway. You don't want to have to guess (or research) what address your network equipment has.

Solution