[SOLVED] Apevia ATX-PM1000Watt 80+Gold

I was reading someone's 'advice' on another forum that is recommending the above psu to someone with a semi decent system. I cannot find any reliable information/review on this psu which to me sets off a warning signal and for $86 am I right in thinking this unit is absolute trash?

Solution
It's likely not absolute trash -- it's Tier C on our curated PSU list -- but I'm not sure who makes that one, and given Apevia's history, I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt. Your instinct is good; PSUs should be considered guilty until proven innocenet by a proper teardown.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's likely not absolute trash -- it's Tier C on our curated PSU list -- but I'm not sure who makes that one, and given Apevia's history, I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt. Your instinct is good; PSUs should be considered guilty until proven innocenet by a proper teardown.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I was reading someone's 'advice' on another forum that is recommending the above psu to someone with a semi decent system. I cannot find any reliable information/review on this psu which to me sets off a warning signal and for $86 am I right in thinking this unit is absolute trash?
With any PSU, unless you find relevant 3rd party reviews, avoid.

It may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. But with the plethora of other, known good ones...why risk it.

Reactions: kurdtnz

TRENDING THREADS