Question Apex legends Easy Anti-Cheat game security violation detected (#000000D)[LightingService.exe]

Apr 16, 2019
When I attempt to launch Apex I get an error message reading "Game Security Violation (#0000000Dh) [LightingService.exe]." After a few google searches I have found that it most likely is an issue with RGB software. I had ASUS AURA, Corsair iCUE, and Thermaltake RGB Plus all installed. I have now uninstalled those programs and am still getting this Easy Anti-Cheat error message whenever trying to open Apex Legends. I have played battlefield V with no issues, as that is also a game that runs off of Origin. Please help fix this issue.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Seems to be no one is reading my post...I UNINSTALLED the RGB controllers and still have the same error
I understand that BUT you said you installed multiple RGB software which is most likely the initial cause of your problem.
At this point you would probably be better off using a restore point from before you installed all those RGB apps.
Because obviously some remnant of one or more of those RGB apps is still on tour PC causing that error.

Apr 26, 2019
If I were you I would reinstall all of the lighting applications and then go through and uninstall them with a program like Revo Uninstaller Pro. Asus in particular tends to leave lots of junk files from their programs and the only uninstaller that really deletes it all is Revo. Make sure to completely delete them all using Revo.

Reactions: DMAN999

Wolfshadw

Titan
In your search bar, type "regedit" and press enter. If you are presented with a pop up asking if you want to allow it to make changes, click Yes.
Once the registry editor is open, click the File menu and select Export. Enter a file name (I like to use the current date, so 04262019) and save the export to a known location like the Desktop.

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR REGISTRY!

Now, perform a search for "Lightning"

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR REGISTRY!

If the search comes up with any results, use a professional registry cleaner to remove these extraneous entries (which are probably causing the false positives in your game errors).

Most people would recommend CCleaner to clean the registry.

-Wolf sends

Apr 16, 2019
Yes I had originally thought I had deleted all the files of lightingservice.exe and uninstalled all of the rgb applications. When I went into task manager I realized that the lightingservice was still running for some reason I’m still unsure of. However, turning that off did solve the issue. I still hope they have some fix in the future because even though the rgb is just esthetics, I still paid for it lol.