Question Apex Legends - High FPS, framerate/mouse movement isn't smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

prismat1c

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Hey, I've been having this problem since release and I haven't been able to find a fix for it. It is frustrating to play with, and its annoying enough that its affecting my ability to enjoy playing the game.

I'm consistently averaging over 150 FPS, but when I move my mouse around/side-to-side (like when aiming at enemies), it doesn't feel smooth at all. It isn't input lag, the framerate just feels muddy and slow. In other games, this kind of framerate would feel fluid and smooth. Just isn't the case in Apex Legends, and it's frustrating.

Things I've tried:
Fresh Windows 10 Install
Re-installed Nvidia drivers multiple times, including using Display Driver Uninstaller
Fumbled around with multiple settings in-game and within Nvidia Control Panel, including reverting settings to default
Vsync, on any setting, on/off

Computer Specs
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
CPU: i7-7700k @ 4.5GHz
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws 32GB 3200MHz
Monitor: Acer Predator XB241H @ 180Hz

I'd love to provide more information, as I'd like to be able to enjoy the game to the fullest extent that I can..

prismat1c

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Experiencing same issues. I have an AMD CPU and GPU but it's mad annoying.

Edit: The only thing that works is to lower the resolution to 1280x720 for now 😕

Hey man, I've found a fix for my own problems but not sure if they will help.

I had fps_max unlimited in my launch options, and after removing it and enabling Triple Buffering Vsync, it is as smooth as butter most of the time. Apparently since the game is designed for 144hz and lower, anything above it causes tearing and performance issues.

I'm hoping this solves your problem as it did mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.