Question Apex Legends keeps crashing. Changed power supply but no use

Jlogiics

Commendable
Apr 24, 2017
Keep getting the message '0x887A006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed'

I changed the power supply because I'd read that mine wasn't the best. However that's not solved the issue.

I'm really not sure what the issue could be now. My specs are:
i7-4790k
16GB RAM
GTX 1070

Any advice is appreciated

Jlogiics

Commendable
Apr 24, 2017
only 1 game having issue?
Since I've got my new power supply I've only tried this game. However it was every game that crashed with my old power supply. It gave a different error message (can't remember what), the screen seemed to tare & would continue to crash.

I've got to update PUBG, I'll report back once I've loaded that up

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Have seen quite a few cases of crashes and BSODs with Apex Legends.

Have you had any BSODs? Is Windows set to drop minidumps when there is a BSODs? If yes and yes upload the .dmp files somewhere like Google Drive or Dropbox, make sharing settings for file/s public and post link here so we can have a look.

Also what make and model is the new PSU?

Jlogiics

Commendable
Apr 24, 2017
Have seen quite a few cases of crashes and BSODs with Apex Legends.

Have you had any BSODs? Is Windows set to drop minidumps when there is a BSODs? If yes and yes upload the .dmp files somewhere like Google Drive or Dropbox, make sharing settings for file/s public and post link here so we can have a look.

Also what make and model is the new PSU?
Just tried PUBG. Around 5 mins in & it crashed with the below error
'We are very sorry that this crash occurred. Please help us track down and fix this crash by providing detailed information about this.

Thanks for your help in improving the Game.'

I haven't had any BSOD. The game crashes but everything else is fine.

My new PSU is the EVGA 850 GQ, 80+ GOLD 850W.

Also I'm not sure if it's important, but the game may run fine for 45 mins or so before the first crash. Once it has crashed once, it then continues to crash in the first 5 mins of booting the game up again.

If I stick through all of the crashing, with maybe 5 hours of constant gametime, the crashes seem to stop. If I then turn my PC off at the back, unplug it etc, it's like it resets everthing & the crashing starts again.