[SOLVED] Apex Legends SLI Profile?

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Recently I upgraded my system with another GTX 770 4GB, I've tried multiple different configurations within the Nvidia Profile Inspector application to only produce either worse performance, a very white screen, flicker, or at the very best, the ability to actually get an improvement on performance, with the occasional black square artifacts. I have searched the forums and various guides but no one seems to have the perfect SLI profile. Also I have tested each card individually and they do work in SLI for example GTA V.
System:
CPU: FX 8350
Memory: 2x 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 + 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
GPU: 2x GTX 770 4GB
PSU: Seasonic X850W Gold
Driver: 430.64

Solution
hftvhftv I don't have an answer or solution to your problem.

However, have you considered selling both of your GTX 770 4GB GPUs, and replacing them with a single 980 Ti? I don't know which AIB partner your card is from, but you could easily sell each card for $75 on Ebay, netting $150 total. Used 980 Ti's on Ebay go for $170 - $200. I'm not certain, but I "think" a single 980 Ti would beat two 770's in SLI, even if they had 100% perfect SLI scaling, which they wouldn't. Also, the 980 Ti has 6GB of VRAM, versus your card's 4GB, which doesn't stack since Apex's engine doesn't support DX12.

Everyone else in the community: Feel free to chime in, if my argument is mistaken. No hard feelings either way.

However, have you considered selling both of your GTX 770 4GB GPUs, and replacing them with a single 980 Ti? I don't know which AIB partner your card is from, but you could easily sell each card for $75 on Ebay, netting $150 total. Used 980 Ti's on Ebay go for $170 - $200. I'm not certain, but I "think" a single 980 Ti would beat two 770's in SLI, even if they had 100% perfect SLI scaling, which they wouldn't. Also, the 980 Ti has 6GB of VRAM, versus your card's 4GB, which doesn't stack since Apex's engine doesn't support DX12.

Everyone else in the community: Feel free to chime in, if my argument is mistaken. No hard feelings either way.

Last edited:
Solution

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador

That may be the best idea, I do have arguably the best 770s as they are the Gigabyte Windforce OC models Revision 2.0. Overall the idea behind this upgrade was to mostly just tinker with SLI until I upgrade my CPU platform to Zen 2 or the next Intel die shrink.

I'm looking forward to the Ryzen 3000 series (Zen 2) as well. I happen to have a single 980 Ti in one of my rigs. It's average performance is equivalent to a GTX 1070 / GTX 1660 Ti; I happen to own a 1660 Ti in two of my other rigs. A new 1660 Ti can be had for $280, but I'm holding my breath that perhaps Nvidia will lower the price to $250 once Navi releases; it's unlikely though. I've literally owned seven different 980 Ti's since it's release in 2015; all EVGA. I had a reference SC model, 2x FTW, and 4x SC+ models. It's a long story why I've had so many of these cards. Until two days ago, I was running two 980 Ti's in SLI, in order to play Overwatch and Ark. Then I listed one of the two on Ebay, not expecting much interest, and then someone bought one of them.

I do love SLI, but in your case, I think that you'll achieve much greater FPS (important) and much more consistent frame times (even more important) with a single card.

Do me a favor, and post a photo of the inside of your case with your two GPUS. I enjoy seeing people's builds.

Feb 17, 2020

here's a real fix, for more info reply with a ?
View: https://youtu.be/F3fI-TBftdI

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
I'm looking forward to the Ryzen 3000 series (Zen 2) as well. I happen to have a single 980 Ti in one of my rigs. It's average performance is equivalent to a GTX 1070 / GTX 1660 Ti; I happen to own a 1660 Ti in two of my other rigs. A new 1660 Ti can be had for $280, but I'm holding my breath that perhaps Nvidia will lower the price to $250 once Navi releases; it's unlikely though. I've literally owned seven different 980 Ti's since it's release in 2015; all EVGA. I had a reference SC model, 2x FTW, and 4x SC+ models. It's a long story why I've had so many of these cards. Until two days ago, I was running two 980 Ti's in SLI, in order to play Overwatch and Ark. Then I listed one of the two on Ebay, not expecting much interest, and then someone bought one of them.

I do love SLI, but in your case, I think that you'll achieve much greater FPS (important) and much more consistent frame times (even more important) with a single card.

Do me a favor, and post a photo of the inside of your case with your two GPUS. I enjoy seeing people's builds.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TM4JtCf3OJqv2ni40gIZSy5xkMA6NTTt/view?usp=sharing
Here's the link to it, ignore the dust and three sticks of memory, it's since been upgraded to a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 980 Ti like you suggested.