[SOLVED] Apologies First - Old Question but Just want to make sure ,Can you Overclock i5 2400 with SetFsb and changing its value ?

Led zeppelin blues

Honorable
Mar 8, 2015
Hi ,i honestly apologize since its an very old questions asked around a lot i think

But i was just wondering since non k processors don't overclock much or perhaps do with motherboards that support them ,im not sure

But would it be possible to overclock i5 2400 even a slightest through setfsb or is that old tech core2quad era technique

I again apologize for a outdated question and humbly thank for any and all advise please

Most mainboards lost all stability once the base clock of 100 MHz was adjusted upwards to perhaps 102-104 MHz. This 2-4% uplift will begat a 1% improvement in gaming performance, etc...

Best to start saving for your R3-5300!

Most mainboards lost all stability once the base clock of 100 MHz was adjusted upwards to perhaps 102-104 MHz. This 2-4% uplift will begat a 1% improvement in gaming performance, etc...

Led zeppelin blues

Honorable
Mar 8, 2015

Hey thanks, got it
And yes i have started saving for a new CPU ,I got a new GPU now and next step is upgrading the rest

Again thanks a ton

Led zeppelin blues

Honorable
Mar 8, 2015
If you have a P67, Z68, or Z77 board, you can overclock a bit, by raising the multiplier. I am wanting to think I was able to set mine at 38.
Unfortunately its neither of them but i am saving up for a upgrade as i already upgraded my GPU and now very soon will get the rest ,so just gotta wait patiently and lets hope for the best

Thanks though ,appreciate it

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS