[SOLVED] Apologies First - Old Question but Just want to make sure ,Can you Overclock i5 2400 with SetFsb and changing its value ?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi ,i honestly apologize since its an very old questions asked around a lot i think

But i was just wondering since non k processors don't overclock much or perhaps do with motherboards that support them ,im not sure

But would it be possible to overclock i5 2400 even a slightest through setfsb or is that old tech core2quad era technique

I again apologize for a outdated question and humbly thank for any and all advise please

Solution
Most mainboards lost all stability once the base clock of 100 MHz was adjusted upwards to perhaps 102-104 MHz. This 2-4% uplift will begat a 1% improvement in gaming performance, etc...

Best to start saving for your R3-5300!

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Most mainboards lost all stability once the base clock of 100 MHz was adjusted upwards to perhaps 102-104 MHz. This 2-4% uplift will begat a 1% improvement in gaming performance, etc...

Best to start saving for your R3-5300!
Hey thanks, got it
And yes i have started saving for a new CPU ,I got a new GPU now and next step is upgrading the rest

Again thanks a ton

TRENDING THREADS