App settings not saving in % appdata % for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolemi959

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
So my issue here is that whenever I DL an application (doesn't matter which one) and it wants to save the settings folder to C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local or something like this it saves it to C:\Users\XXX instead. I'm not sure why it does this and couldn't find someone else with the same issue as I'm facing. Any help?

Solution
Typically appdata is not moved from one pc to another. Preferred methods include cloning, imaging, reinstalling, there are registry entries associated with programs and their app data that my not work when moved, especially to a different location.

Tolemi959

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
It's just nitpicking I guess. I just build myself a new PC and I was transferring my old appdata folder to the new PC and noticed it didn't do anything. I could ofc just move the whole thing to the other destination, but I rather have everything in the same place it used to be.

t53186

Distinguished
Typically appdata is not moved from one pc to another. Preferred methods include cloning, imaging, reinstalling, there are registry entries associated with programs and their app data that my not work when moved, especially to a different location.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.