Question Apparently un-fixable issue got worse in Android 10

DaronMal

Distinguished
I have a Samsung Note 9.

I have a long standing issue with Samsungs phones and my cars. I've gone through 2 cars and 2 phones and the issue just became worse because of Android 10. Any audio played over bluetooth from my phone > car results in a fuzzy/static filled mess that makes me want to scream. On Android 9 I had to restart my phone every time it went fuzzy/staticy and that would fix it until the next time I used it. The issue is also that my Galaxy Buds DONT have this issue. I'm fairly sure its not the car, and Samsung is 0 help and recommend me to go to a repair shop 40 miles away to get it "repaired", are there any other suggestions other than every basic troubleshooting step? My only thought is to try and downgrade my phone to 9 again because it was working somewhat.

tl;dr
Audio has static over bluetooth in my car. Samsung gave me every troubleshooting step, none worked, they recommend a repair shop 40 miles away. Is the next step to get a new phone that isnt a Samsung or downgrade my OS?

Last edited:
I have a Samsung Note 9.

I have a long standing issue with Samsungs phones and my cars. I've gone through 2 cars and 2 phones and the issue just became worse because of Android 10. Any audio played over bluetooth from my phone > car results in a fuzzy/static filled mess that makes me want to scream. On Android 9 I had to restart my phone every time it went fuzzy/staticy and that would fix it until the next time I used it. The issue is also that my Galaxy Buds DONT have this issue. I'm fairly sure its not the car, and Samsung is 0 help and recommend me to go to a repair shop 40 miles away to get it "repaired", are there any other suggestions other than every basic troubleshooting step? My only thought is to try and downgrade my phone to 9 again because it was working somewhat.

tl;dr
Audio has static over bluetooth in my car. Samsung gave me every troubleshooting step, none worked, they recommend a repair shop 40 miles away. Is the next step to get a new phone that isnt a Samsung or downgrade my OS?
Doesn't android auto (if that's what its still called) have like a trillion issues and always has? Only used CarPlay myself but I haven't head great things from the other side of the fence.

DaronMal

Distinguished
I've never used Android auto, unless I am and just never knew it lol. I just want to get in my car and have the music play, nothing like listening to 180p audio for 45 minute drives to and from work.

Edit: my car apparently doesn't support Android auto

Last edited: