Appdata/local/apps - what is this?

Keyes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
This folder was created a little over two weeks ago.

The folder extends this far, with no folders having any files.

Appdata/local/Apps/2.0/NN3MAOW.TB8/OTAHHLPM.5KM/manifests

All the sub folders were created at the same time. What causes these folders created? I read that its something to do with clickonce, but I do not use it.

Clickonce is not its own program, its a background archetecture that allows temporary windows and web bassed applicaitons to be saved into your user profile.

If you run a web app that uses clickonce archetecture then it could have created the folders when it ran, and cleared out any unneeded files when you closed the appliction.

Also it is very very common for leftover folders and registry keys to exist after uninstalling a program.

If you have no viruses or other issues I would not worry about it.

You can use CCleaner to clear out all of your system junk files (but it wont get rid of empty folders like that).

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Some programs use that folder to persist, such as Fidelity ATP. You install it and it stays there until you uninstall the program. The reason being because the other version of that software is online. I guess they cheaped out and just made the online version 'offline' by doing that. The program is really CPU intensive, guess that is why.

TRENDING THREADS