Apple 2018 Macbook, iMac and Mac Mini Plans Reportedly Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
I stopped being an Apple supporter ever since they debuted the iPhone as that was the beginning of price hikes for all their products. I refuse to buy anything Apple. Their pricing is ridiculous! And no I'm not bitter because the pricing is high. I can afford it but refuse to purchase retail. Since I work in entertainment, I can pretty much get any Apple product for very cheap or free. And even so, I still use my custom gaming PC over the MacBook Pro for mostly anything, and I used Apple computers before Desktop PC's (OS 7.6.1 and below sound familiar???).

Anyway enough of my rant. Let's see how pricing is done now that the iPhone X and SE are discontinued. Wouldn't be surprised if they jacked up the pricing for these products so that they can make what they didn't earn with the iPhone X/SE.

Hated Apple ever since headstart and schools all having macs and 1 button mouse....

Overtime its gotten worse. they think their brand name alone lets em charge ttoo much over soemthign of equal value.

PC's? they are not user friendly if u need fix/replace/upgrade.

My first computer was an Apple IIc my parents bought for me while I was in grade school. I believe between it and the dot matrix printer I needed, they spent about $2,800. That was in 1982 dollars which in today's money translates to $7,300. It wasn't long before I learned from friends how to build a cheaper x86 based Intel PC. I knew Apple was overpriced even as a kid. Yet to this day people have no problem bending over backwards for Apple products thinking they are high tech cool (nothing could be further from the truth).

"iPhones: Three new models - a 5.8-inch OLED version, a 6.5-inch OLED version and a 6.1-inch LCD version."

Well it's about time Apple finally gets bigger and higher resolution screens for smart phones. Samsung has been doing it for years. I still get questions about my nearly three year old 5.7" Note 5 with a 2560x1440 resolution OLED display. My 6.3" Note 8 which was given to me for work just blows iPhone users away.

^^This. Check out their price of a USB-C cable that doesn't even conform to USB 3.0 speeds. Applebots!

matthew_258

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
had to leave apple... itunes addiction...it was bad brah...and i cannot have a gaming rig with itunes on it...a sound machine sure, maybe when i crack 7 figures a year :p

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
To little software is the main reason i don't use macs anymore. The windows eco system is far better in that regard and knowing quite a bit about hardware also allows me to create my own machines from components according to its purpose rather than have a few selections with very little room for upgrade.

That they also costs far less also adds to the benefits of a win pc.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I thought about looking into the Mac world, because I was interested.
I was looking at getting a 2014 Mac Mini, and saw that just the keyboard and mouse alone were about the cost of my current computer.

Apple Mac's sure are expensive. I don't think I'll ever be able to justify that sort of money for a computer..

emeraldsmines1990

Proper
BANNED
Jul 5, 2018

Apple was never overpriced . compare it to IBM PC XT , AT , At the Same time and you will find that IBM was more expensive than Apple.

and at the time Apple //c was around there was no IBM compatible PC in the market. it came later.

More over , China made it possible that the PC we buy today is not $7000 ... had it been all made in USA today , expect PCs to cost in that price range.

emeraldsmines1990

Proper
BANNED
Jul 5, 2018

Apple keyboard and mouse are not overpriced , they are just high end . similar products with same specs are in the same price range.

and the Mac Mini Price is normal. you just need to compare it to the same hardware and one to one components.

emeraldsmines1990

Proper
BANNED
Jul 5, 2018
People who say Apple is overpriced cant compare parts well . they compare apple to oranges.

Apple is not overpriced . it Just does not give you low cheap options thats all.

I dont see people talk much about expensive Microsoft Surface products for example .

I hope the MAC Mini is AMD Ryzen Based !!!!

1) Please go back and re-read my comment. I never stated Apple was overpriced itself compared to pre-built x86 PC. Further, I stated it was overpriced compared to what I could have built a few years later (which I did). You couldn't buy individual parts and peripherals and build your own Apple at any time. You either bought from the Apple store an entire computer including monitor or you didn't. It was that simple. I'm sure it won't take much effort on Google to go look at old ads from newspapers on PC vs. Apple prices however just to clarify things.

2) No, economies of scale made it happen (if you are not familiar with that ECON101 phrase, please research what it means). Also the last time I checked, Mushkin memory, flash drives, and SSDs are made in the USA and are competitively priced with their overseas made competition. Same with AMD processors (not so for their GPUs). So your theory there falls flat as well.

Wow did you ever get triggered, fanyboy! Apple doesn't give you any options at ALL. It's THEIR way or the highway.
They control what kind of software works on their computers and what apps work on their phones. We're talking even down to basic laptop power bricks. You have to buy through Apple for your iMac to work correctly. $45 for one where PC based laptop can be used with any $15 charger that fits. No such thing as a universal AC power adapter for an Apple laptop. But, it's your money, not mine. I refuse to support a closed source computer and smart phone company.

SO.... tell me again how I can buy a (store bought pre-made even) WIN10 PC for over 150+ dollars (sometime up to aroudn 300) cheaper that has better hardware inside than a equally powerful Apple computer.

I am sorry but they DO charge mroe just for the brand.

you think they would be cheaper as they lack the ease of fixing, upgrading, etc. but no they charge MORE for less.

Also....idk if still true, but i do recall apple soldering ram, ssd, etc in their laptops basicalyl a "f**k you" if you need to change them.

also the surface is MS's rival to the Ipad...and TBH the surface is mroe a mini laptop than a tablet.

emeraldsmines1990

Proper
BANNED
Jul 5, 2018

Just compare any Apple Product part by part and see the total price , you will end up paying the same .

But when you compare , compare it right. dont choose cheap case for example in comparison, choose expensive Lian Li Alu case , because Apple uses expensive cases. and when you compare a motherboard , choose one with TWO THUNDERBOLT 3 , not a cheap motherboard , then compare the prices .
and when you look at iMAC screen compare it with similar screens , 5K screens are very expensive.
and Thje keyboard and Mouse as well.

at the end you will get the same price. Apple problem is that they dont offer lower options thats all . and people think they are overpriced because they compare them to cheaper products.

I could build a quality PC with quality components (CPU, motherboard, memory, GPU, PSU, case, etc.) for cheaper than I could buy an Apple for. That was my point. For the third time now. And again, I'd be willing to bet if I searched for a MAC for sale vs. a pre-built Packard Bell from an ad in a 1980s-era newspaper, the Packard Bell would be cheaper. And no, not because of cheaper components. My 486DX2 Packard Bell still works some 25 years later.

This is all irrespective of the unfriendly upgradability of Apple products. Oh and speaking of cost of Apple, Nvidia had to build certain GPUs that would only work with iMACs. Take my five year old EVGA GTX 680 video card for example. There are two versions of it: one for PC, one tailored to the MAC. Guess which one was priced higher? Actually it still is after a quick check on eBay for used GTX 680s for Apple.

emeraldsmines1990

Proper
BANNED
Jul 5, 2018

The release price of the GTX 680 was the same. Apple does not lower old parts Prices , this is a thing I hate about it only. Thats why when you buy from Apple you must buy the same year product and not let it become old. at release date the price is the same , the older it gets , it becomes more expensive because Apple does not have a policy of lowering prices between releases . Thats the only Thing I hate about Apple . and thats why I only buy Apple when it is VERY NEW .. otherwise after one year , it will be Overpriced compared to the street price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS