News Apple A16 Bionic SoC to Power iPhone 14 Pro

blargh4

Prominent
Jun 9, 2022
Pretty puzzled how the front camera cutout is supposed to be an improvement over the notch. You get a useless sliver of extra display and it looks like it cuts even deeper into the active screen area.

Reactions: TCA_ChinChin
Only use I see for dynamic island is if they dynamically arrange it back to the way the iPhone 13 had it, cause damn that cutout looks ugly. I know Apple likes to take their time implementing features but they really just took a camera cutout from 2017 and patched it up with some UI bandaids.

Jul 7, 2022
I don’t understand how an always on display is better than one that turns off when not used. I do like the 1hz option though. The screen only needs to be at 120 ha if the user is navigating or watching video

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I don’t understand how an always on display is better than one that turns off when not used. I do like the 1hz option though. The screen only needs to be at 120 ha if the user is navigating or watching video
I have the Z-Flip4 but I use the always on display with the phone fully open and on a wireless charge stand in low light mode as my alarm and time clock on the bedside. It also has the always on display on the small screen when closed to view the time and alerts and really doesn't chew up any noticeable amount of battery life. It's just a convenient feature not needing to push buttons and accidentally triggering a bright screen when you don't need one. I have been using the always on screen since the Galaxy S9 years ago.

TRENDING THREADS