Apple Accuses Polish Grocery Store of Trademark Infringement

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Then should mother earth sue Apple for infringement on the shape of the fruit it bears?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
NOBODY is going to confuse this Polish Grocery Store with Apple Computers. The logo looks nothing like Apple's... it actually looks much more like an ORANGE. The Walgreens logo ALSO looks nothing like Apple;s.

This is such BS, it pisses me off more and more each day.

Apple, YOU ARE STUPID! YOU SUCK ASS! You are NOT gaining customers by being dickwads. You are LOSING customers. The crazier you act, the more people will run away. No iPad4 is in my future... and just think, a few months ago - replacing my iPad1 with an Android tablet wasn't really on the radar. Guess what... I'll make sure to buy an ANDROID tablet now.

If a computer store called "Apple" opened up - then everyone here would say "have at it" same if its a computer company that makes PCs, etc. You OWN your logo... nobody makes a logo like yours. But YOU DON"T FRACKING OWN generic Apple drawings or shapes.

I said this a few days ago... How long before Apple starts suing Apple farmers?

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]How long before Apple starts suing Apple farmers?[/citation]

Theoretical question for you... could Foxconn and Samsung be considered Apple farmers?

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]Sorta like when Ferrari made the F150 race car and ford said, newp, we have that already. It was stupid then. How much so when they aren't even related products.[/citation]
Ford legally had to challenge that or risk losing their trademark on the F-150 name; they really didn't have a choice. The Ford/Ferrari situation is not a proper comparison to this situation.

lp231

Splendid
Apple childish behavior needs to be on the front page of every website so the entire universe can see how pathetic they really are. Sadly these articles are mostly bury deep within and it's technology related, where regular consumer don't ofter visit too much.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]ApplesTOapples[/nom]watch out board game dev, for Apples to apples.http://shop.mattel.com/family/inde [...] Id=3768132I bet they have their greedy eyes on you.[/citation]

Should be safe. The packaging does not have rounded corners :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]garrick[/nom]I'm going to call my company "orange" and sue any product that contains the word "orange". God knows there are plenty of them out there.[/citation]

To late, there is a phone carrier by that name.
How about Lemon ?

No, wait.... that's an alternate name for Apple products :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]monsta[/nom]When are they going to sue God for creating the apple?[/citation]

Wouldn't Adam biting the Apple be considered prior art ? :)

(Sorry if it was Eva who took the bite. Don't want to get chewed out by some Bible fanatics on top of the Apple lawyers).

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]leper84[/nom]Another thing to consider with this, F150 isn't exactly a common, everyday term that has been used for all english speaking history.[/citation]

Ford F-150s are basically sold only in the US. They are a rare sight in Europe.

The Ferrari in question was not a Street car you an buy but the Formula One car !
The '150' was in honor of the 150th anniversary of Italy's unification.

Ford management just showed the world how short sighted they are.
The term 'F-150' means nothing to Europeans. There is no confusing it with anything.
And in the US F-150 means the pickup truck; not a Ferrari F1 car. Hell (sorry Oklahoma), most Americans do not even know nor care about F1; which is cool.

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]At least they haven't filed suit against a church like BestBuy did....or did I miss that article?[/citation]
I was pretty mad when I saw BestBuy do that, BUT BestBuy was cool about it. BestBuy has their designers work with the church to design a new logo and even paid for them to be put on the vehicles for the Church. That was really cool thing they did when they didn't have to.

gramps

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004
Cmon, fair enough, there would be heaps of Apple users who may mistake 1Kg tomatoes, a block of cheese, bread, and a litre of milk for the iPhone5. Apple will probably lose about, say, $2.5 billion in sales?

Although I am concerned that Apple may repossess my wife... she's getting more apple shaped each year... :(

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]Apple Records - you know, The Beatles?[/citation]
Actually Apple Records are subsidiaries of the Apple Corps, and beside them there are also Apple Electronics, Apple Films, Apple Retail and few others I can't remember before the first coffee in the morning.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I wont buy a apple product on morals and price. I agree they make decent products their Ipads are really had to beat. But a company of this size that tries to crush competition is evil! Their logo should be a TRIDENT "the devil's pitchfork"

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]becherovka[/nom]I wont buy a apple product on morals and price. I agree they make decent products their Ipads are really had to beat. But a company of this size that tries to crush competition is evil! Their logo should be a TRIDENT "the devil's pitchfork"[/citation]
That's certainly one perspective. I'm on the verge of wanting an iPhone 5...and I will not be swayed from my position on this...for I am an iSheep.

botak131

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
[citation][nom]eternalkp[/nom]apple, you're unbelievablemy iphone4 will be the last apple product i will ever owngalaxy s3, here i come.[/citation]

Made the same decision, I switched from 4 to s3 too ^_^

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]botak131[/nom]Made the same decision, I switched from 4 to s3 too ^_^[/citation]
I'm considering moving from my 4s to an S3. Was there anything, anything, at all that you missed with your iPhone. I've used some androids in the past (Evo4G, Razr, & Razr Maxx) and I've always come back to the iPhone for its simplicity. However, being a technaphile I never rule out android and would consider one if:

1. The hardware performance, materials, and build quality are as good or better than my iPhone (a no-brainer with the Razr/Razr Maxx, build quality and materials were top notch...even to me, and I'm quite discering). I hear all the good things about the S3 but also keep reading that it feels "plasticky"...that's on my mind

2. The android dance will be extremely stable and well-performing. I'm used to "it just works well" and I don't want to see this change, at all, when moving back to android. I've used 4.0 on a Transformer Prime and it was stable enough but I didn't like the fact that I had to consider memory management (something I don't have to consider with my 4s). ...how is the S3, in your opinion, in this regard? Can I just use the phone and forget about the hardware like I can now? It's been a while (February) so I can't recall all the details of my last Android experience.

If the S3 is really better (or at least just a good) I'll seriously consider it, as the 5's new screen format doesn't impress me and iOS' lack of flash still annoys. For I am the black sheep.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Really? like REALLY! did you invented the Apple? This is what you call a F'ken retard company. Does that logo even look like your chewed up apple? NO!

I still dont get why so many retard are buying apples. I guess they are all retarded sheeps

G

The Apple logo symbolizes 'Original Sin'. The bite Eve took from the "Forbidden Fruit" from "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil". Those who know the biblical myth, will know that once that bite was taken there was no turning back. Humanity was damned in God's eyes and Adam and Eve were permanently evicted from the "Garden of Eden". In other words the logo symbolizes humanity 'fallen from grace', if you will.

Funny how an evil company like Apple would choose a symbol of evil for their logo. Oh wait...

cmi86

Distinguished
Hey apple how about instead of beating down grocery stores you guys put a little effort into making a product worth more than it's weight in dog pile, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.