News Apple and Google Building Joint Coronavirus Tracking System into iOS and Android

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
As someone who has been identified as a speeder multiple times there is no way I would knowingly allow the government to track my changing locations on a highway through my cell phone.

This smacks of something that the authoritative ChiCom government would implement. From a Grand Tour episode, the ChiComs monitor the cars driving on their highway, their speed and occupants by cameras, radar and other monitors placed at very short distances apart. If you speed you are ticketed and your ChiCom social score takes a hit. As your ChiCom social score decreases you and your family are increasingly punished until you disappear like the Chinese health professionals that first outed the ChiCom virus. No wonder the ChiComs love Apple and Google who are collaborating on tech and surveillance with their communist regime.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/chinas-new-social-credit-system-turns-orwells-1984-into-reality/

Reactions: alextheblue
D

Deleted member 14196

This is a useless feature. I hope it can be disabled

Dragonwatcher

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
And if you believe that they are not going to continue to track you as well as sell any and all tracked data that is there then you have really been living with your head in the sand. These companies make most of their income from selling any and all data they can derive from you. Also if you believe that it is really going to be an opt-in feature then again you are delusional. They will give you the illusion that it is opt-in when in reality that will be a useless check box and everyone will automatically be included. Their attitude is that the more data we can collect about a person the more money we can make from selling it.

Just my 2 cents worth

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
And if you believe that they are not going to continue to track you as well as sell any and all tracked data that is there then you have really been living with your head in the sand. These companies make most of their income from selling any and all data they can derive from you. Also if you believe that it is really going to be an opt-in feature then again you are delusional. They will give you the illusion that it is opt-in when in reality that will be a useless check box and everyone will automatically be included. Their attitude is that the more data we can collect about a person the more money we can make from selling it.

Just my 2 cents worth
And the government will have access to all the phone location data. For instance serendipitously the government will be able to identify gun owners by tracking everyone going to a gun range, firearms shop or hunt club. Same with political meetings or religious services.

Reactions: alextheblue
Apr 13, 2020
Looks like everyone here is more concerned about their own personal privacy than protecting people from the virus. My wife is a consultant in the NHS, and we know many front-line workers. People are dying horrible deaths before their time. If this technology can prevent infections by telling people to self-isolate to a higher degree than they would normally, then I’m 100% in favour of that even if I sacrifice some privacy, We’re not talking about a police state here guys - we‘re doing this to save lives. Stop being so selfish and get on board.

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Looks like everyone here is more concerned about their own personal privacy than protecting people from the virus. My wife is a consultant in the NHS, and we know many front-line workers. People are dying horrible deaths before their time. If this technology can prevent infections by telling people to self-isolate to a higher degree than they would normally, then I’m 100% in favour of that even if I sacrifice some privacy, We’re not talking about a police state here guys - we‘re doing this to save lives. Stop being so selfish and get on board.

Politicians (D) ordered police to give $500 tickets to people sitting in their cars in the church parking lot listening to services broadcast over limited reach FM radio casts. That is DEMO police state violating the First Amendment rights.

Also over the weekend it came out that the US NIH years ago gave $3.7 million grant to the Wuhan research lab where the ChiCom virus originated.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lab-experimented-coronavirus-source-bats.html

The daily broadcast of the Fauci and Birx show is letting the people see the incompetence and lies being told to the President and the American people. First they terrorized us with massive death projections. Then told that masks for the general population wouldn't work and that we needed to stay home and shut down the economy although we saw plenty of pictures of Asians in public wearing masks. Then told us that we couldn't have masks because they were needed by health workers. After Americans needed to replenish food and medical supplies or starve and die they said we could go out in limited numbers naked without masks or glasses. People then started to make their own masks using furnace filters with 1900 ratings equivalent to N95 materials, pipe cleaners, shoe strings or ribbons, two staples and duck tape. Now after economy has been severely damaged they have changed their story and we should now all wear masks, scarves of pull up our shirts or hoodies over our noses and mouths in public.

Richard II yelled out "My kingdom for a horse!" Our economy and personal liberties are being sacrificed for the insufficient supply of masks that can be home made by the general public for about $20 for a weeks supply, stored killing virus on mask and reused the next week. The $20 cost for a weeks supply of reusable masks for 330 million Americans is way under $10 billion, yet we have squandered trillions in bailout and economic losses for lack of masks.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS