Apple and Intel

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
Hi everybody,

Even if I don't use Apple computer now (well my first computer was Apple ][+ :) ), I find a lot pity that Apple decide to stop use PowerPC CPU (from IBM + Motorola?)

And the fact they will use soon Intel CPU is not good for customer.
Intel is like Microsoft. They have monopoly but people think just Microsoft have one.

And monopoly are never good for customer. Just think how Bill stole people with it's c*** Windows product. If we can buy Linux for $US25, which have maybe 2 million of "client", imagine how much money Bill make when he sell his Windows $US100 or more. And they are at least 200 millions of "client".

AT LEAST they are AMD. And I HOPE this company will continue to live cause we, customer, need them.

I really HATE all kind of monopoly.

Shame on you Apple.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I agree. If AMD didn't make good products a lot of people (including me) wouldn't be able to afford PCs. But because of the competition the prices are not as high as they would be if Intel was the only option.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one thath will go wrong first will be the one that will do the most possible damage

RichPLS

Champion
AMD does not care about you any more that Intel. It is the green that matters, not the users.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Of course they don't care about us, but that doesn't stop anyone from getting the benefits of better technology at an affordable price.
If AMD wasn't putting pressure on Intel the CPUs won't be as fast and powerful as they are today.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one thath will go wrong first will be the one that will do the most possible damage

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
So like with Microsoft...if Microsoft didn't have competition, then Windows would be way too expensive. Wait a minute, Microsoft really doesn't have competition (at least, not realistic competition like AMD vs Intel) and Windows isn't that expensive. Hmm...

Wait a minute...is it possible that a free market economy might naturally discourage monopolies on things that are manufactured from forcing expensive purchases? Why, I do believe so!

If AMD didn't exist, Intel chips would be more expensive, sure. But would they be outrageous? No. In fact, due to Intel's large monopoly during the period of the earlier pentiums, they were able to drive the industry much faster due to more money for R&D - leading to faster products than might otherwise be realized under a 2 company leadership.

I'm just your average habitual smiler =D