Apple Announces 128 GB iPad 4 Priced at $799, $929

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes69

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
apple really running out of idea.

so what is new with ipad 4 beside bigger storage?

$800 for a regular tablet...Jesus...I rather get a Surface Pro in that case.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
So everyone's moving to the cloud and Apple is abandoning it?

This another product designed for people who know or care zip about electronics. 128 GB is overkill, I have a hard enough time filling 32GB. Just store on the cloud or carry around a portable drive if you need the space. Oh wait forgot can't do that with an iPad.

LEXX911

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
iTurd and crApple are one overpriced scam POS for a tablet that run on a crappy iOS. Instead of adding a MicroSD slot they just scam the idiots into buying their over hype crap.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]jakes69[/nom]apple really running out of idea.so what is new with ipad 4 beside bigger storage?$800 for a regular tablet...Jesus...I rather get a Surface Pro in that case.[/citation]

Nothing. Just the typical Apple stability and quality but more storage. Just another option and why do some people think Apple has to reinvent the wheel every time they release a product upgrade? Just pulling from rear end to say anything negative at this point.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]LEXX911[/nom]iTurd and crApple are one overpriced scam POS for a tablet that run on a crappy iOS. Instead of adding a MicroSD slot they just scam the idiots into buying their over hype crap.[/citation]

Apple doesn't want MicroSD because it can introduce software that can corrupt the iOS environment. Apple wants to keep iOS as stable as possible by making sure everything installed is not malicious. Also how is Apple over-priced when most competitors cost the same or more? Feel free to explain, but I doubt you thought that far ahead. lol

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]neon neophyte[/nom]wrong. apple doesnt want microSD so you are forced to buy this overpriced garbage[/citation]

Who is forcing consumers to buy exactly? I dont recall Apple herding people at gun point to buy anything...lol. Someone is mad....lol.

G

Apple doesn't want the ability to plug in more storage because then they wouldn't be able to come out with the new 128 gig version, or the new 64 gig version before that, or the new 196 gig version in a few months.. Or the new bigger battery version, or the new every few months at a massive price premium.

Things like more memory didn't use to warrant a new version, customers could just buy more memory and stick it in themselves. Not with apple, more memory means buying the new $800 version of the same thing you have, instead of a $20 memory chip...

It goes against apples very business model. Their business model is marketing, they know how to work their target audience. They know how to extract lots of dollars from a majority of tech illiterate people(not everyone is, but the majority of apple customers are). Their core business is marketing, not hardware/software, and they do it very well.

[citation][nom]jakes69[/nom]apple really running out of idea.so what is new with ipad 4 beside bigger storage?$800 for a regular tablet...Jesus...I rather get a Surface Pro in that case.[/citation]

The iPad 4 uses the A6X SoC, which is much beefier than the A5X found in the iPad 3. It has approximately twice as much CPU and GPU power, and twice the memory bandwidth

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Now if Apple did something like make it able to run all of their MAC OS apps, then they might have something to justify the price. Otherwise they are just gouging for storage in line with the Surface Pro release date. Weak!

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
i dont think there are any phones with 128gb of internal storage yet.

on the plus side samsung has started making 128gb nand chips for that very purpose.

at least with most android phones you get a microSD slot and can have as much storage as you like.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
[citation][nom]swordrage[/nom](Not) trying to act like a fanboy here, but people are complaining about the $999 price of the surface pro..[/citation]

True, but the iPad doesn't ship with the full Mac OS X OS or its capabilities, while the Surface Pro DOES ship with a full version of Windows 8 Pro and can truly run any program your desktop can, provided it has adequate processing and graphics power. I still think the price for both are outrageous, though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.