Apple Announces Quarterly Earnings, Misses Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
I also heard this morning that Apple exceeded their own expectations for earnings, while wall street projected Apple to do better. Apple missed the Wall Street mark, not their own.

asiansaurus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]I'm glad I was able to get an iPhone 4s already, so I can laugh at poor people who can't afford them (Android users).[/citation]

Most current Android phones cost the same as an iPhone. ($199 with contract, $299 for higher end models).

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]asiansaurus[/nom]Most current Android phones cost the same as an iPhone. ($199 with contract, $299 for higher end models).[/citation]

They are?! WOW! Who would actually be dumb enough to pay that much for an Android toy?

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]I'm glad I was able to get an iPhone 4s already, so I can laugh at poor people who can't afford them (Android users).[/citation]

That was a lame statement dude.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

I'd say that you are using the iphone as a phallic symbol. lucky for you the iphone is probably larger than your own phallus.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
The best part about Apple is once you buy their product, you have to buy it again or lose out on all the apps you purchased that only work with their products.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rpgplayer[/nom]I'd say that you are using the iphone as a phallic symbol. lucky for you the iphone is probably larger than your own phallus.[/citation]

Great way to joke about a private part without actually using the word that everyone understands. lol. You might be right though. lol

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]The best part about Apple is once you buy their product, you have to buy it again or lose out on all the apps you purchased that only work with their products.[/citation]

That is a big thing and I think that is what all companies like about having an app store. Retention of user base is huge and Apple has very strong retention rates.

You don't have to buy it again, just depends on your App investment for that platform. If you are a person that buy's fart apps, chances are you can make the switch pretty easily. If you buy useful apps then it is a bit harder to switch to a solution that does not have those same apps.

Footloose

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
People apparently with more intelligence and the free will to think for themselves versus thinking what Apple wants them to think.

Footloose

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
People apparently with more intelligence and the free will to think for themselves versus thinking what Apple wants them to think.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Apple's profit increased only 53%? Apple's revenues increased only 39%? That's some serious doom and gloom news coming from Wall Street. I keep reading these articles about Apple's apparently lackluster performance all over the web. Now I think I understand what the protesters are upset about given that Wall Street is depressed with Apple's 53% increase in profits and 39% increase in revenues.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
That really isnt a bad performance, they were just off expectations. I dont see the disappointment. Unless they really expected apple to exceed their expectations.

They released the 4S which is a joke, but still selling like hot cakes. If only other companies has such an amazing marketing department.

G

[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]They are?! WOW! Who would actually be dumb enough to pay that much for an Android toy?[/citation]

If it does more than make a phone call, its a toy.

festerovic

Distinguished
I heard Tom's will stop reporting on apple stuff when there is only 5 replies per article. Since they know everyone here hates apple, they lay the troll bait out and everyone has a sandwich.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Footloose[/nom]People apparently with more intelligence and the free will to think for themselves versus thinking what Apple wants them to think.[/citation]

Judging intelligence from what phone someone uses is quite ignorant. I have used all most modern mobile OS and I cannot say absolutely that one is better then the other. My preference changes with time and a switch phones all the time. Why limit yourself to just one kind of platform/approach?

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]anti-painkilla[/nom]That really isnt a bad performance, they were just off expectations. I dont see the disappointment. Unless they really expected apple to exceed their expectations.They released the 4S which is a joke, but still selling like hot cakes. If only other companies has such an amazing marketing department.[/citation]

I ask myself the same thing. If other companies are in the business of making money they should improve their marketing department as well. A business is not just a product, but promoting that product as well. I watched the Galaxy Nexus event yesterday. Going to the street nobody will know much of it. Features such as the Beam will be useless because 1) Few people will have the Galaxy Nexus 2) It will be quite some time before other phones with NFC get ICS. Knowing is just have the battle, inform people through promoting your product is what will help you sell more.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
If I were Apple I would have waited on the release of the White 4S. They could have waited until spring to release it and make a killing on sales. I don't like Apple at all, but They are great at making money. I cant believe how many people stood in line last spring for the white iPhone 4. It is not like it was a new phone, and it came something like 10 months later than the black one. Unless you paid cash for it, I feel bad for people that signed a 2 year agreement and now are stuck with that phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS