Apple Awarded $1 Billion in Samsung Patent Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

...And the corporations gobble up a little more of the world.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Glad to know the consumers lost so big wonderful now Apple just laid the ground work to sue anyone who makes a rectangle device.

I really hope the idiot apple supporters look back on this and thank them self's. When they have to pay some ungodly amount for there next device.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I am extremely skeptical of this ruling. Mainly because it took only three days. From what I understand, there was a lot of material to sift through and in my personal experience, courts don't move that fast normally.

I smell a successful appeal in the coming days.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Well. apple was able to nitpick there way to victory. We are going to see companies patenting every little thing now. Slowing down progress and innovation.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
This is the dumbest "victory" I have ever seen.

I'm just going to say it, Jury selection of US citizens for corporate crime is retarded. The concept of a jury is to have your peers pass verdict, how is average joe Apple or Samsung's Peer? They should have had a jury made entirely of CEO's of other multinational corporations if they wanted to use a Jury for this. Apple and Samsung turned in almost a thousand pages of documents in their closing, and it took the Jury 3 days to go over it an reach a verdict. This will be appealed over and over again until it is seen by the Supreme court.

Congratulations, you just put another brick and mortar store out of business, because Apple won't let them sell their precious phone and they can no longer buy Samsung.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I knew it! I knew the jury was gonna be filled with iTards. There is possibly no other reason as to why Apple would be allowed to win but that.

baconeater

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
[citation][nom]TheRooster94[/nom]I can't wait until Apple dies[/citation]

Why? So a huge tech company which creates jobs for thousands can die? So you can be proud of your anti Apple garbage? Grow up I love my SGSIII, but as much as I hate seeing 40 macbooks at starbucks, we need companies like this who push Samsung to create as well. Samsung EVEN IN THEIR OWN DOCUMENTS showed that Apple forced their hand, so they needed to innovate.

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]Apple > Samsung.[/citation]
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]Apple FTW!!!!![/citation]

I am disgusted. By the news and by this fanboy. Now, excuse me :33

*faith in humanity's criteria: lost*

[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]Samsung wins the battle in their home town, Korea, and Apple wins here in America. Isn't that fair?[/citation]
both samsung and apple are banned from selling tablets in South Korea after S.K's verdict o_O. Both were screwed over on that front

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]guardianangel42[/nom]I am extremely skeptical of this ruling. Mainly because it took only three days. From what I understand, there was a lot of material to sift through and in my personal experience, courts don't move that fast normally.I smell a successful appeal in the coming days.[/citation]

What corporate court case didn't end with an appeal (other than the Supreme Court)?

Status
Not open for further replies.