Apple Awarded Patent for Original iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
I was expecting any mention in the article about how this may affect the phones currently out there. Something like "Since the patent describes...(this and that)...phones like the...(insert some known phones)...may (or may not) be in (any) danger."

Basically, more insight from Zak. :(

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
It now a world that puts more value on how it 'looks' than how it 'works'. WTG Jobs, you've started a revolution in how patents are awarded!

Apple, however, was taken to court by Cisco Systems, who argued that it owned the rights to the name "iPhone" in the United States. Ultimately, though, the two firms settled in February 2007.
They didn't just argue it, they did own the rights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_iPhone

Apple was negotiating with Cisco for the rights to the name, but were unable to reach an agreement in time of the iPhone's public announcement. Jobs just went ahead with it, and the lawyers worked out transferring the rights afterwards.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Screw you apple. Deep and hard....

U guys should should try and patent your buttholes and say you were the first ones to ever come up with the idea of taking a dump.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
but wasn't it just the same a the ipod touch, but it could make calls? How does the phone get an award when it was in appearance and many functions and Ipod? Maybe i have missed something.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]techy74[/nom]but wasn't it just the same a the ipod touch, but it could make calls? How does the phone get an award when it was in appearance and many functions and Ipod? Maybe i have missed something.[/citation]
Didn't the phone come first?

benage

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
WTF does "ornamental design of an electronic device"? This is becoming complete bullshit. Patents like this from ANY company should be thrown out!

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
I just got an approval from the USPTO for an iDong. It looks like a dong but through the use of 2 AA cell batteries, the design of the dong is novel. Selling the blueprints for the iDong at $19.99

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]I just got an approval from the USPTO for an iDong. It looks like a dong but through the use of 2 AA cell batteries, the design of the dong is novel. Selling the blueprints for the iDong at $19.99[/citation]

Dafuq is iDong?

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Nobody likes Apple anymore. People who still buy Apple products are beginning to be frowned upon by society at large. I say good riddance. Societies innovators ought not feel as though they should be forced to create products for lazy bumbling idiots. Rather, Lazy Bumbling idiots ought to be given an incentive to get off their arses and read a book. Learn about the products you wish to use and the technologies behind them. It's not up to us "smart people" to hold your hands like Parents do for a little Child.

My 2 cents.

PS. Death to Windows 8 and Metro!

Status
Not open for further replies.