Apple Believes that iPhone Demand Won't Stall

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
[citation][nom]fkr[/nom]I also believe I am going to win the lottery every time I play[/citation]
Impressive. Most impressive.

G

"I also believe I am going to win the lottery every time I play"

It's funny you post that, because Apple literally wins the lottery every quarter. Really, they pull in as much cash in pure profit as would be in a large lottery winning. Every quarter. Maybe your meant to be snide, but it just shows how incredible Apple has been performing recently.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"Apple Believes that iPhone Demand Won't Stall"

Because Apple believes there are still plenty of suckers out there...

http://allthingsd.com/20121102/jimmy-kimmel-on-the-ipad-mini-were-apple-and-youre-suckers/

huggles12

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
In my opinion, Apples success is their own potential downfall. The Apple logo was it's most powerful selling tool. It was synonymous with exclusiveness and elitism. Now, every man and his dog have an Apple product, and the appeal to own one is now diminishing. It'll be interesting to see how Apple deals with this conundrum.

G

put a different logo on the devices and the conundrum is solved!

[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]The reality distortion field is fully charged captain, running at 110% capacity![/citation]

Captain's dead and the first officer doesn't know how to run it as effectively. I'd say that the Apple RDS is at a record low since the iPhone first came out, maybe even going further back to iPod stuff.

[citation][nom]nycspud[/nom]put a different logo on the devices and the conundrum is solved![/citation]

Good thing Apple doesn't look at Tom's for ideas. We might be in trouble if they were to *innovate* this after reading it.[citation][nom]Xperia flush with cabbage[/nom]"I also believe I am going to win the lottery every time I play"It's funny you post that, because Apple literally wins the lottery every quarter. Really, they pull in as much cash in pure profit as would be in a large lottery winning. Every quarter. Maybe your meant to be snide, but it just shows how incredible Apple has been performing recently.[/citation]

Compare their stock price to what it was a quarter or two ago. Stock price isn't everything, but it sure isn't a good sign as far as I can see for them right now. Apple hasn't been performing incredibly "recently" if we compare their performance in 2012 to now, have they?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So from a person who owns a pretty big sum of stocks in a company saying it is looking bright for it. I might as well listen to the doomsday sayers, i trust them just as much!

if people just blindly listen to apple marketing then they will buy anything that apple sells. the life-changing-magical-unlike-any-other bs makes isheep go wow. I remember when Jobs introduce the ipad2, he was all praises of course but i think he did not even demoed the front camera lol, one of the few changes from the first ipad and he did not even showed it. i think because it was using vga, even cheap phones can do better than that.

hmn, i just remembered something, i wonder what happened to the grocery that apple was going to sue

halcyon

Splendid
Like flies to sh*t we come Zak. Now, with the likes of the Note 2, SGS3, and upcoming SGS4 out there the iPhone is in trouble and no amount of denial can change that. Sorry, life goes on Apple.

G

Apple cannot put a SD card slot on their device.

Apple cannot put a pressure sensitive stylus and digitizer on their device because Steve Job said it is a failure.

Apple has no friends, Apple wants to keep everything to themselves and leave all other phone makers with nothing.

Apple has just denied AMOLED has any real value in the market, despite the fact that AMOLED display always looks amazing to average people. So I guess they are not putting that on their devices anytime soon, while others are doing it and makes their devices look better than Apple's.

Apple is trying to sell a 128GB iPad at ultrabook price, despite the fact that iPad is running a CPU 10 years behind CPU used in ultrabook as far as performance goes, with very little expandability. That and also everyone realize flash memory is cheap and the increased in storage should have increased the cost only by a little.

Apple thinks they are making progress in the corporate world despite the fact that most file servers, web servers, critical systems, database systems, enterprise systems, business intelligence system, point of sales system, accounting system, manufacturing and control systems, payroll systems, human resource systems etc etc are not running on anything remotely related to Apple.

So Apple thinks it will rule the world in a few years time, what do you think?

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
How old is this article? I think you will find Apple overtook Samsung as the #1 Smartphone in the US last quarter, not the other way round with 51%+ of sales.

G

[citation][nom]Xperia flush with cabbage[/nom]"I also believe I am going to win the lottery every time I play"It's funny you post that, because Apple literally wins the lottery every quarter. Really, they pull in as much cash in pure profit as would be in a large lottery winning. Every quarter. Maybe your meant to be snide, but it just shows how incredible Apple has been performing recently.[/citation]
Someone doesn't know what "literally" means.

As for the article, sure, there are much more people than 1.4 billion and some of them love to update their devices, but how many can actually afford an iPhone and regularly updating it? Most people outside of US and western Europe can't.

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Iphone sales won't stall but they may decline a little. There are so many options out there for phones that it's bound to happen, & not just to the Iphone but any phone really. They will still continue to sell a large amount of Iphones though because a lot of people like them & will continue to want to have one.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
The iPhone has peaked and Apple isn't bringing impressive innovations with each iterations. At the same time more and more companies are putting out phones that can compete against the iPhone (such as GS3 which was well received). The fad is dying. Sales will decline. It's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.