[SOLVED] Apple Car Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

How? Hard drive based iPods don't have Wifi signals or 3G/4G signals, and the last iPod touch models only had Wifi based connectivity.

The iPad Pro probably could if it has a strong 4G signal, you could try connecting it to the car via Bluetooth and see what happens, but it's possible that most car electronics will only see that it's not an iPhone and therefore won't recognize it. Car electronics are about the most basic machines out there.

g-unit1111

Titan
No, you have to have at least a 4G signal on your device in order for it to get the full functionality with Car Play. At least from what I've seen. iPods are considered old tech now and most new cars don't even support them anymore. As far as iPads go I do not know if they would work or not but you would need your iPad to have 3G / 4G support to use things like the map feature.

g-unit1111

Titan

How? Hard drive based iPods don't have Wifi signals or 3G/4G signals, and the last iPod touch models only had Wifi based connectivity.

The iPad Pro probably could if it has a strong 4G signal, you could try connecting it to the car via Bluetooth and see what happens, but it's possible that most car electronics will only see that it's not an iPhone and therefore won't recognize it. Car electronics are about the most basic machines out there.

Solution

mrchips1

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

mrchips1

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
I get emails and texts on both, but thru Wi-Fi. The car we'll be getting is a rolling WIFI hot spot. But still wondering if the aps will appear on the cars vid screen. We are Android users and car does not come with Android Auto, only Apple Car Play.

g-unit1111

Titan

It's possible, but like I said car electronics are about the most basic machines out there. It's theoretically possible that your iPad could work, but then again, it's also possible that the BIOS could be programmed to only see one kind of device in order to work properly, and if it's not that device it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.