Apple Censorship: This Time It's Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]...and they used to tell me that Apple screens were the best in the world.Apple has the worst hardware now?[/citation]

No, Apple has standard hardware, just like everyone else. You occasionally get what you pay for, provided you buy on features and not on hype. What Apple does have the worst of, is ego. They will do whatever it takes to make sure their image is as glossy as their laptop screens, even if that includes subterfuge or outright lying. Makes you wonder what they are afraid of...

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]...and they used to tell me that Apple screens were the best in the world.Apple has the worst hardware now?[/citation]

They had good hardware? sure its the same its also years behind what youll get on most PC's

maaksel

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
hahahah, all the fanboi's out there having a problem with their "PERFECT" mac? Awww!!! I feel so so bad for them.

I think the whole deleted/locking threads is just rubbing salt in the wounds. Goes to show what kind of a company Apple *really* is doesn't it?

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
As a fairly recent co-vert to apple (not a convert) as I recently started using an apple laptop and find it quite compelling and plan to add more apple machines to my families growing stable of PCs (and by PC I mean Personal Computer and not Windows) I can't stand behind Apple decision to block discussion.

But after the Windows Vista fiasco you "blinders-on windowheads" hardly have something to beat up Apple about.

This to the "Apple is pure evil", "This really makes me hate apple that much more", "hahahah, all the fanboi's out there having a problem with their "PERFECT" mac?" comment simpletons...

Lets get back to the accruate Apple ads discussions...!

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
I wouldnt get apple to start off with anyways, I just like gaming too much... Mine sweeper just dosent cut it for me hehe

Bert R

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Geez, what's with all the apple hate?
I'll acknowledge that whatever is with the censorship is way out of line, and that they are definitely not a perfect company (especially considering their terrible ego), but their products are by no means crappy.

I like games too much to get an apple, and I will say that PCs have a MUCH better cost-to-performance ratio, but give it a rest already. Apple does have some beautiful displays and fantastic software and a low fail rate. PCs have better-priced hardware and a fantastic support and user base.

Can't we all just be friends?

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
For Apple to post something and say "We recognize the issue. We are working on a solution. Please be patient" would probably go over much better than "SILENCE, INFIDELS! *LOCKED*"

I think one of their arguments to the Microsoft "It's a PC" commercials were that "Sure, PCs might cost less in the beginning, but factor in one visit to the Geek Squad and all this other stuff Apple gives you for FREE, including great customer support, and the prices are about the same!" Where is that great customer support on this one?

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Microsoft and Apple make few bad action.

But one thing, Microsoft could be hated but they never use method like censorship.

Since few weeks you can read many bad forward on Apple action based on censorship.
-remove Google apps from Apple Store
-jailbreak is a bad thing cause you don't come on Apple Store
-20" screen topic *oops*removed*
-Legal action against Psystar

Ignore customers, give them a fake support and claim you're the best...

[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Apple is pure evil.[/citation]

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I can't deny as a Computer Science Graduate that I haven't run into colleagues that rave about how much better anything non-microsoft including macs is. What I can't understand is how these people can accept how openly arrogant Mac is with the public. This is not the first time I've seen them with a censorship issue, do they really think people are that stupid, and what about the posters who actually own the product, isn't that a slap in the face? Don't they want to keep those customers. And then there's the commercials: they pretty much say if you use Windows you're stupid and lame and if you use mac you are Joe Cool, they say nothing about their own product. I really can't say what Mac's customer service level is, or hardware support because they never give you any details about that, they are too busy hating on their competitions product. I do know that I bought my girlfriend an ipod, it eventually stopped turning on, so I told her to call support, they told her that her warranty didn't cover phone support and that she would have to send the unit in, but not before providing a credit card # for potential charges if they had to fix anything out of warranty. Least to say I ended up turning up the volume on my Creative Zen to drown out her complaining.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Windows, Mac, Linux, it doesn't matter who you're for, this is wrong. A company shushing it's customers who have an issue with their product?

Give me a break.

discopig

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
It's censorship from the large corporations, not the government, that will write the story of 1984. At least there are enough independant forums to facilitate discussion.

This is a bad move for Apple. I know for other products that I have owned that have fallen short on their promises, the talk on the official forums have lead to positive changes and good communcation with customers can make all the difference in the world. In the end, I think the companies have more to gain by handling this in an appropriate manner.

dztrbd

Honorable
May 9, 2012
The requested resource
/2007/12/19/apple_display_update/nextstep-big.png
is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

Why is this coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.