Apple Claims Rights to ''Saveless'' Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixdegree

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Apple is delusional. The ones with the right to claim "saveless" document as a feature would be electric companies. They have offered this feature since 15 years ago.

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
ummm.... microstation's dgn files have had all this for at least the past 12 years (probably longer, but i hadn't touched microstation before then). every single change was saved in real-time, no need to remember to save it yourself, and every change was logged in the file also - enabling you to potentially "undo changes" all the way to when the dgn was created (even if the file was opened and closed several times by different users since its creation).

nothing revolutionary here.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Branden[/nom]ummm.... microstation's dgn files have had all this for at least the past 12 years (probably longer, but i hadn't touched microstation before then). every single change was saved in real-time, no need to remember to save it yourself, and every change was logged in the file also - enabling you to potentially "undo changes" all the way to when the dgn was created (even if the file was opened and closed several times by different users since its creation).nothing revolutionary here.[/citation]
No, nothing revolutionary but they will sue everyone who does this anyway :(

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Filed June 2011? Surely if they ever wanted to exercise this patent, it would be immediately invalidated by all of the prior art? Unless they bought all associated IP from, say, Microsoft...

G

At this rate, I'll soon start to love China's philosophy for property right infringement ...

G

What about Onenote? You don´t have to save, the documets itself are saved localy or in cloud.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I see all of you stopped reading at "elapsed time interval" and rushed to comment. I can't say if it's been done before by another app, but it's nothing like regular autosave like you'd find in Microsoft Office.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Not sure if it is another take at autosave or simply a disk editor.
I mean how about editing a 'document' right on disk's sector?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]TidalWaveOne[/nom]PATENT REFORM! NOW![/citation]

Nobody in the government have the political will except for a handful of long-sighted judges...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS