Apple Defends iPad Mini's $329 Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

brushrop03

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
LoL. What world does this guy live on? You have a more inferior product and price it $130 more?

Now if this thing had the same specs (or even similar) as the iPad 3 (not the one they just announced), I would say sure. But fairly underpowered CPU and Screen that is way lacking? Come on...

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Depends, if that product does what you need it to do and if it brings a little happiness to your short time on this planet. Who are we to judge people by how they spend their own hard earned money. Unless someone on welfare is buying this stuff....

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
"Others have tried to make tablets smaller than the iPad and they've failed miserably,"

Really, has no one clued this man in on the Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Tab....

You know the tablets that Apple is copying.

arcticfury

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Sounds like a repugnant politically correct defense for a high price; Apple has to maintain its image as a status-symbol product.

Too bad the crazy profit margin is unusable since Apple files their profits away overseas.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I was excited over the iPad mini but at 329 I don't think so. For a measly 70 I can get the full iPad. So it looks like Nexus 7 and full size iPad. I may not get the nexus and wait to see what microsoft offers. I have two android devices that are just Meh.

Markon101

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
It doesn't have a GPS, it has a lower resolution screen than the nexus 7, and it costs more. (Not to mention it's bigger, which may be an up for some people; but not me.)

brushrop03

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
[citation][nom]tramit[/nom]Depends, if that product does what you need it to do and if it brings a little happiness to your short time on this planet. Who are we to judge people by how they spend their own hard earned money. Unless someone on welfare is buying this stuff....[/citation]
True. But I still feel it's overpriced when you compare it to the regular iPad.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I bought 3 kindle fire HD's right before the sales tax slap here in CA. Works perfect for everything I need it for. Plus we got book sharing across them and I don't have to ever see Itunes.

sivaseemakurthi

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
" customers have been shelling out more cash for the 9.7-inch iPad over its competition".
Looks like apple knows that consumers are ready to pay more money for their products. No wonder they are overcharging them.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
With the price of memory now days I would think they would start out with a minimum of 32 Gb of storage. These companies should advertise their free storage, not what it has then they use up half of it. I'm am Apple fan but this is too pricy for 16Gb. I will stick with my 13" Macbook Pro.

"Others have tried to make tablets smaller than the iPad and they've failed miserably," Schiller said.... "

Poor ba$tard, he must have tried really hard to say that with a straight face. Either that, or the part of his brain that ever heard of Amazon's tablets and Nexus 7 was lobotomized before this speech.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Interesting, I have a ASUS Transformer Prime and my wife has an iPad 2, I have had the same content experience on both devices but I got my Transformer Prime for $100 less. Odd. That can't possibly be true because from what he is saying price defines experience.

Sounds to me that they are going to make a bigger margin per ipad mini sold than they do on the larger ipad's.

It's actually really good that their symbol is an Apple, goes hand in hand with original sin and the rise of greed.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Tom's is so full of MS fanboys and their Crapbox 360s that they play in their apartment in their mom's basement, LOL.[/citation]
*Android and PC fanboys. Most people here have never taken a course in business, and no one here can take a joke about themselves. Ex. Apple Macbook Pro = $1500, gaming laptop = $5000. Or, complains how iSheeps buy everything Apple regardless, yet they upgraded phone from Galaxy S II to S III and purchase Google and MS phones because they aren't Apple.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
He's got to take his head out of his ass and smell the air for once then make better statements. But I won't be surprised as to the number of morons that would line up and fork out more money for an inferior product! They do have people cornered for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.