Apple Denied Permanent Ban on Samsung Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
apple is just becoming a big joke to the electronics community,there products are good but there not worth buying from a company that trys to sue over everything.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I should root for Apple; it's located right here in Cali, maybe just 30 to 45 mins drive from my house. If Apple does well, it's good for my state economy and for me indirectly.

But hell no. Apple's acting a sore winner, retard. I can never root for Apple. Apple is making me for root Samsung that's located half way a cross the world.

Look what you make me do, Apple. Stop acting like a horse's behind. Instead of paying lawyers, why don't you pay a little better to FoxConn, so they can improve working condition and pay a little better. "O no" whining bitching execs like Tim Cook at Apple said. We got to eliminate competition by way of banning their products, not competing.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I gotta say.. I got a note 2 and was nervous it would be to big or something.. God I love it.. and I'm so happy I made the decision.. Battery life is incredible and so is the phone..

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]burmese_dude[/nom]I should root for Apple; it's located right here in Cali, maybe just 30 to 45 mins drive from my house. If Apple does well, it's good for my state economy and for me indirectly. But hell no. Apple's acting a sore winner, retard. I can never root for Apple. Apple is making me for root Samsung that's located half way a cross the world. Look what you make me do, Apple. Stop acting like a horse's behind. Instead of paying lawyers, why don't you pay a little better to FoxConn, so they can improve working condition and pay a little better. "O no" whining bitching execs like Tim Cook at Apple said. We got to eliminate competition by way of banning their products, not competing.[/citation]
Actually, Samsung has a campus in Mountain View. Also, they do flash/memory fab here in the states instead of outsourcing everything. In some respects, Samsung is more of the home team compared to Apple.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
I think Apple and Samsung have unwittingly come upon a new kind of profit sharing.

They will be swapping settlements back and forth for years to come. Nothing will come of it and only the lawyers (and the consumer) will win.

chase3567

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
The S3 and the Gnote 2 sent Apple over the edge. Both blew the Iphone 5 out of the water. With even the paid reviews (Cnet) Apple couldn't overcome it. My favorite with Cnet is they put the Gnote 2 in another category so they wouldn't have to compare it to the Iphone 5. The Gnote 2 is the best phone out now, it's the S3's big brother and Apple doesn't have an answer with the S4 around the corner.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]chase3567[/nom]The S3 and the Gnote 2 sent Apple over the edge. Both blew the Iphone 5 out of the water. With even the paid reviews (Cnet) Apple couldn't overcome it. My favorite with Cnet is they put the Gnote 2 in another category so they wouldn't have to compare it to the Iphone 5. The Gnote 2 is the best phone out now, it's the S3's big brother and Apple doesn't have an answer with the S4 around the corner.[/citation]
The Gnote 2 (as you call it) is nice but needs a higher screen resolution and better PPI. The fact that the screen resolution is the same as the smaller S3 doesn't win for me...it means the screen doesn't look as sharp as the S3's. I wish I didn't have to wait for the "Gnote" 3 for them to correct that.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Judge Koh handed down two decisions at the same time, so why is Tom's only reporting this one?

The other decision was to throw out Samsung's claims of jury misconduct regarding Mr. Hogan. What I find funny is I predicted why it would be thrown out (Samsung knew of Hogan's involvement with Seagate and his bankruptcy during jury selection but never bothered to ask Hogan any questions to explore his relationship with Seagate).

Where are all the people who thumbed down my comment and claimed I was nothing but a fanboy for making it and that "any lawyer would agree that Hogan lied to influence the jury".

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
@halcyon The Gnote 2 (as you call it) is nice but needs a higher screen resolution and better PPI. The fact that the screen resolution is the same as the smaller S3 doesn't win for me...it means the screen doesn't look as sharp as the S3's. I wish I didn't have to wait for the "Gnote" 3 for them to correct that."

Non pentile vs Pentile ...... you should Google it.... or use whatever Apple thinks is comparable to Google.
The note 2 has 20 times the contrast ratio. The iphone screen is dull and lacks color. BTW you can adjust the screen settings to Movie mode if you want to lack color. Everytime I touch an iphone, I try to find the brightness setting...... Apple runs their screen like this to increase battery life which is still no match for the note 2. Comparing the note 2 to the iphone 5 is not fair. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Camaro. The Note 2 is obviously the Ferrari.

Google wins... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.