Apple earbuds won't input audio on discord?

Mar 7, 2018
Hello! I'm trying to play video games with a friend, but my audio for my apple earbuds isn't inputting. I built my PC myself, and I have an unactivated version of Windows. I can hear him perfectly fine, but he cannot hear me. All my discord audio settings are okay. My Device Manager dropdown menu for Audio Inputs and Outputs has my monitor, and two Output Realtek drivers but no input one, does that affect it? And if so, how would I go about getting one? If it contributes, I'm also plugging my earbuds into my monitor, not my computer. Thanks for the help!

Solution
Apple earbuds have a 'combo' jack where the headphones and mic are both on one plug.
Most PC's do not have a combo jack to support such a plug. They have separate headphone and mic jacks.

If this is the case with your pc then you need to get something like This.
Now as for your monitor jacks, we would need to know which monitor you have (make & model#) to know how it connects to the pc for audio. Most need a separate cable that attaches between the monitor audio-in jack and the audio output on the back of the pc.
Mar 7, 2018

Do you know how I would install that/ do you have any good links??? Thanks :)

You can not install a mic jack into a monitor, that is impossible. Just use another mic jack.

Mar 7, 2018

I have two places to plug in my headphones on my computer/monitor, and they all dont work :(

popatim

Titan
Apple earbuds have a 'combo' jack where the headphones and mic are both on one plug.
Most PC's do not have a combo jack to support such a plug. They have separate headphone and mic jacks.

If this is the case with your pc then you need to get something like This.
Now as for your monitor jacks, we would need to know which monitor you have (make & model#) to know how it connects to the pc for audio. Most need a separate cable that attaches between the monitor audio-in jack and the audio output on the back of the pc.

Solution