Apple Employee Accidentally Reveals Next-gen iPhone Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This isn't really news to anyone who pays attention to anything apple-related. every apple rumor site on the web had the news that apple was working on an in-house ARM processor design for the next iPhone- so saying "Next-gen iPhone details" isn't really true- anyone who cared about that already knows- and there are no details besides that they're using an ARM chip inside sometime in the future

G

I thought the existing iPhone and iPod touch were ARM based so why is the word ARM so shocking?

G

Accidentally? Do you guys really believe this marketing-gag?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
One of the better ways to write an article is to make it contain information that is implied by the headline (hence the term 'headline'). Try it some time. It is a common format, as opposed to putting in an interesting, but completely misleading headline. Try taking some courses in journalism. Even high schools offer them. Good luck.

G

Also the text makes it sound like Marvell owns ARM. Actually I believe the path was that Dec licensed the IP from ARM, then produced the StrongARM, from there after settling a lawsuit with Intel, Intel got that work. They further extended it and called it XScale, that was sold to Marvell. Last time I looked, ARM, ltd was still in business.

G

iPhone uses an underclocked 620 MHz ARM 1176 processor, what is so revealing here???

Status
Not open for further replies.