Apple Event Scheduled for Sept. 9 (New iPods?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Because they know how to use the media for marketing purposes.

As I former reseller, I know Apple always announce new iPods after the back-to-school promotion, which offers a free iPod with ther purchase of a computer. Of course, these new models never qualifies for the offer. It's a good way for them to get rid of the old stuff before getting the new ones out.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
@bogcotton the reason is people like us that reads the "news", any Apple news must be a near sure success in page-views.

Just look at the discussions that comes with almost any Apple product announcement. We got both the haters, the lovers and the technologically interested here. Not much for the last group in most "news" though.

The fact that Apple has a good marketing strategy and sends out plenty of press messages(both official and through unofficial channels) helps keep the workload low and supply of Apple "news" plenty.

Actually "Why do you look at Apple news on Toms Hardware?" would be a good QOTD.

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Apple - don't worry about making a Mac tablet if you don't really want to. Axiotron has that covered and their product is gorgeous. I'll welcome competition, but make a thin tablet with a full 8.5x11 screen that can switch between pen and pressure input and you've got a winner! Don't forget to build in an OSX on-screen virtual keyboard.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]just in time to compete with ZuneHD....[/citation]

or it's the other way around, the Zune HD was really meant to compete with the iPod Touch in the first place. Both can play HD videos.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Well the Zune HD is much better then the 1 year old gen2 iTouch, but i think it may get a run for its money with the new release. If the new iTouch has a half-decent camera I'm sold immediately

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]thepetey[/nom]Introducing the new ipod touch v3, we promise these ones wont blow up![/citation]
Cost now 3 times Zune HD!
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]just in time to compete with ZuneHD....[/citation]
16gig ipod touch = price of 32 gig Zune HD

It's hardly a competition now.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@ Izzy Craft

Your comparing a product that has not hit shelves yet, with one that been out for a year. I would certainly hope that its not a competition on which is better.

I'm saving my judgement until the iTouch refresh

jerejuana

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]Cost now 3 times Zune HD!16gig ipod touch = price of 32 gig Zune HDIt's hardly a competition now.[/citation]

ye obviously apple will change their prices close to the zune hd's $/gig to get even it out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.