Apple Finally Spices Up iPod Touch Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
i dont understand the point of this post? this is the same model that's been out for 2 years. Did they just add a couple more color options or something?

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
i dont understand the point of this post? this is the same model that's been out for 2 years. Did they just add a couple more color options or something?
The added colors and put the camera back into the lower priced one, which IIRC was removed last year.

The iPod Touch is still a great device, as is the iPod Classic. Would love to see a total refresh on the line however with some storage options on the Touch closing the gap and the Classic. No reason a 128GB, even a 256GB, Touch can't be made for the price a 64GB has cost the past 3 or 4 years.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
The $229 5th-gen 16GB model used to have no camera and was only sold in silver (black?). It's been replaced with this $199 model that has a camera and comes in a few colors. Still 5th-gen, still 16GB. It just brings the cheaper model more in line with the 32GB and 64GB models.

In all reality its just the same model, with a few touch ups. Camera is back, colors (I do like me the gray one) for a bit cheaper.

Honesty I usually pin apple as the company to do this to make more money... but this time around, they're really just appealing to their customers it seems.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Creatively, Apple have been pretty good. It is clear to me now that they have hit a brick wall and have no idea what to do next.

I don't think that's the case. I think it's more they don't see a need to have an iPod Touch as well as the iPhone, which to me is shortsighted. They could utilize the space in the iPod Touch not used for the phone chips to put in a much better DAC to have the Touch be THE music device people would want to use, as well as equal the RAM to what the iPhone has and a bit better battery and then save money by using the same frame as the iPhones use.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
IDK why this is is news... I have a 32gb Note 3, added a 128gb micro sdxc card....160gb in flac files on the Note 3.... and it is much better than an ipod.

Need something smaller? GS5.

Because colors! *Cough*

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
It would be interesting if apple redesigned the next version to include a ear piece and microphone. It will not eat away at iPhone sales but make way for VOIP devices :)

Status
Not open for further replies.