Apple Granted 29 Patents, Awarded Rights to First iPad Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"Elsewhere, Apple received a patent for crack-resistant glass for portable devices"
"Method for estimating temperature at a critical point"
I thought you can own the invention (Patent) if its too obvious or being used already elswhere? These two items is NOT Apple first!

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]ushyperion[/nom]Zak Islam, when will you stop the iTard posts, we don't want them.[/citation]

Might as well just get over it and just skip the articles in question. It would be nice if he would write about other stuff, I agree, but I doubt it will happen. Apple is pretty much all over the place here, anymore. :(

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I wonder how long it will take for Apple to launch 29 new lawsuits..
hmmm.. I know this is unrealistic and irrational of course, but at this point I am really wishing (or daydreaming) everyone that's getting sued by Apple (and sued by Apple in the past) would get together and sue the US Patent Office out of existence!

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Lets see what has already been done by Android and Windows...

8,305,897 -- Quality of service control in multiple hop wireless communication environments *Andriod and Windows*

8,306,772 -- Method for estimating temperature at a critical point *Android*

8,306,918 -- Use of media storage structure with multiple pieces of content in a content-distribution system (Relates to Digital Rights Mgmt. System) *C'mon now,everyone knows Android is King for this*

8,307,134 -- Multiple communication interfaces on a portable storage device *Android*
8,307,146 -- Communication between a host device and an accessory via an intermediate device *Android*

8,307,224 -- Methods and apparatuses for dynamic power control *Android*

8,306,252 -- Integrated microphone assembly for personal media device *Android*

[citation][nom]chairman ray[/nom]I'm a little worried about the "crack-resistant glass for portable devices" part. Hopefully this does not mean what I think it means...[/citation]
We are screwed if Apple actually sues everyone else with this and wins

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
"Elsewhere, Apple received a patent for crack-resistant glass for portable devices"

What will happen to the gorilla glass that we come to love ?????

barockberg

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
I don't want to read stuff like this. At first I though, give this guy Zak a break - but I'm beginning to miss the old Tom's.

Please, cut back on the apple-related short posts.

widj

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
I don't know why a lot of people criticize Zak Islam, the guy is just posting Apple news, I don't see anything wrong about this, someone has to do it no?

Before reading Toms' hardware news I had a neutral/decent opinion about Apple, and since the lawsuits started, my opinion about Apple is now negative and keep getting down

I guess I see it like a TV show, where I want to see how far each parties will go and at what cost (PR, and point if any)

From what I've read so far I just guess that the reason why Apple is spending so much money on lawsuits and not R&D is because they know that they can't compete with Android for now and the only way they can compete is actually slowing down Android sales thanks to the lawsuits

Google said that they acquired patents to protect themselves and not to attack other companies, and so far they are successful with their products, is Apple a dying brand?

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]Might as well just get over it and just skip the articles in question. It would be nice if he would write about other stuff, I agree, but I doubt it will happen. Apple is pretty much all over the place here, anymore.[/citation]
It would be nice if he wouldnät write at all.
You can open article about samsung and discover it's also zakislamed to hell.

cycletronic

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
"RE43,796 -- Receptacle connector"

Excellent, they patented a more efficient way to toss it in the trash ca... I mean, receptacle.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
If all the hates join together and start talking c.rap about mac products we may be able to destroy apples credibility. Like when someone says they want a ipad, you say...i don't, id rather the more powerful "Insert anything but apple here". Then they'll ask why and you tell em. We need to bury mac/apple, and if we can't we need to direct its products to the elderly to destroy this fad trend we are all seeing. That's what i'm doing at wal-mart right now. Someone comes in and asks for a ipad i tell them they should get a android tab or the new surface instead.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]If all the haters join together and start talking c.rap about mac products we may be able to destroy apples credibility. Like when someone says they want a ipad, you say...i don't, id rather the more powerful "Insert anything but apple here". Then they'll ask why and you tell em. We need to bury mac/apple, and if we can't we need to direct its products to the elderly to destroy this fad trend we are all seeing. That's what i'm doing at wal-mart right now. Someone comes in and asks for a ipad i tell them they should get a android tab or the new surface instead.[/citation]

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]Lets see what has already been done by Android and Windows...8,305,897 -- Quality of service control in multiple hop wireless communication environments *Andriod and Windows*8,306,772 -- Method for estimating temperature at a critical point *Android*8,306,918 -- Use of media storage structure with multiple pieces of content in a content-distribution system (Relates to Digital Rights Mgmt. System) *C'mon now,everyone knows Android is King for this*8,307,134 -- Multiple communication interfaces on a portable storage device *Android*8,307,146 -- Communication between a host device and an accessory via an intermediate device *Android*8,307,224 -- Methods and apparatuses for dynamic power control *Android*8,306,252 -- Integrated microphone assembly for personal media device *Android*[/citation]

Are these ideas panted by Microsoft or Google? Because if not Apple can panted them and sue for ideas that have been around for years.

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
[citation][nom]billgatez[/nom]Are these ideas panted by Microsoft or Google? Because if not Apple can panted them and sue for ideas that have been around for years.[/citation]No, you cannot patent an idea that already exists. It's called "prior art".
However patents are not granted immediately. You apply for one, then you wait (a number of years in general) then you are granted that patent. In the mean time, somebody else can come up with that same idea. And you can still sue them. The rationale of this being that the patents sitting in the office and waiting to be granted are public and you can literally pick one and implement it.
If Microsoft or Google (or anybody else) did prior art on any of the granted patents, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to prove it and then the patents won't hold in a court of law. But if they can't prove it... then we're all in trouble...

justxeno

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Maybe they should learn how to make crack resistant glass before they patent it, has anyone ever seen an iphone from 4 onwards, thats been used for more than a week that;s not smashed. ROFL

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
It's sickening that VAGUE ideas get patented, not real inventions. How about patenting the design to the T of how the glass is non-cracking, how it works, etc? now anyone who wants to build such a thing has to pay a stupid license to this Satanist company

Status
Not open for further replies.