Apple Has Become The World's Largest Chip Buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Ummm so does any computer manufacturer. Asus & HP being two exceptions I can think of (I am sure there are others, but not the norm). Unless Apple can keep their innovative streak alive, I see them being forced to become a software development house with some strong IP's. I can't see the iPhone becoming top dog again (without the amazing innovations [not just iterations]) unless they open up their iOS to other vendors to survive.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
So, comparing Apple to HP, Apple spent a little over 6 billion on desktops and laptops, and HP spent over 12. This article makes it sound like Apple is becoming more and more popular, but, the truth being, they're just in more markets. Spinning facts to make a company seem more successful than it is...TH, I was hoping for more out of you than that. How's LG doing? Or do they not count due to iSupply not wanting other companies in multiple markets included? [Kinda like that "thinnest PC on the market, excluding 90% of the competition" that HP(?) announced (not gonna lie, could've cared less about that story too. Doctored facts are useless to me)].

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]Well of course they are. You think Apple could produce anything themselves? Everything they sell has been built by everyone BUT Apple.[/citation]

Your implication is that Apple is one of the few computer manufacturers who does not produce their own CPU's. The only companies up there who even come close to producing most of their hardware are: Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, and Panasonic. Samsung being the top dog in that they have their hands in everything and are very diverse. Dell is the biggest joke up there, especially when Michael Dell tells us how Dell computers are all American and then outsources because he says American workers are lazy and lack talent.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]Your implication is that Apple is one of the few computer manufacturers who does not produce their own CPU's. The only companies up there who even come close to producing most of their hardware are: Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, and Panasonic. Samsung being the top dog in that they have their hands in everything and are very diverse. Dell is the biggest joke up there, especially when Michael Dell tells us how Dell computers are all American and then outsources because he says American workers are lazy and lack talent.[/citation]

LOL. You're all like, "Others don't make their own hardware, just like Apple." Expect for the four you listed. The funny thing is, every company you mentioned does not call their products "magical, revolutionary" and have others build EVERY FRIGGIN component that goes into the final product. This is what Apple does. I think it's akin to lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.