Apple, HTC Announce Worldwide Patent Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]_Cosmin_[/nom]Apple assume they will survive 10 more years without Steve...[/citation]
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]They are most valuable company on earth... I think they will be around in 10 years. Pretty ignorant statement.[/citation]

Cosmin... Apple has MORE than 100 billion sitting in solid cash (I think ~120 last they announced?). If you honestly think they are going to be gone in 10 years, you're wrong. They couldafford to post a 10 billion loss for 10 years straight, which obviously wont happen.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]They are most valuable company on earth... I think they will be around in 10 years. Pretty ignorant statement.[/citation]

They are yes, but value does'nt determinate how many they will survive.

Look at zynga they made huge proffits and everything they become the most valuable "partner" of Facebook, now theyre sinking, they copy everyone games they even hardly make it to the top 10 now.

Look at Nokia & BlackBerry, they were the most valuable cellphone companies out there a very few years ago i think no one saw they "sinking" in just 5 years and now they're trying everything to survive.

Even Apple itself has been this trough...don't you remember the early 90's without jobs? the millions Microsoft injected to Apple? Cross-Patent agreements? Office on Mac's?

It's the natural course of life.

Don't get me wrong since i sincerely hate Apple, but im not either a Fandroid or a something like that its just the fact that Apple is running out of steam and since theyre realising only "updates" to their products theyre are doing it fast.

Putting it in another way:

It's like disney.

They loose Walt Disney and carried on with mickey mouse they created new characters, bought franchises, characters films and everything...they expanded greatly, they innovated and made great cartoons and movies, both animated and live action.

They helped other companies when struggle by purchasing them and then make them even bigger (Marvel anyone?) they made it intro other markets very far from the cartoon market and so on.
If Disney where like apple...

They losse Disney, and couldn't carry on so they relaunched the same 3-4 characters (mickey, mimmy, pluto, donald) during a few years, they they didn't innovated, instead they started suing hanna barbera, warner bros. and every other cartoon creator since every cartoon was a vulgar copy and Disney last wish was to go Nuclear on Hanna-barbera.

They didn't made anything more great than relaunching the same 4 cartons again and again until people felt borried and stopped watching they cartoons and the company went down in just a few years.

I know my english is not perfect and that disney is not the more accurate example to use...but hey i think im remotely right.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
HTC is small. Can't fight Apple. I hope the Google+Samsung+Motorola combo will dealt a severe blow to Apple soon. Sick of Apple shitty patent troll tactics....and i can't believe they get patent for freaky rounded square for icon buttons. Caveman has invented square since the day they draw shapes on the sand with a stick!!!

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]darkavenger123[/nom]HTC is small. Can't fight Apple. I hope the Google+Samsung+Motorola combo will dealt a severe blow to Apple soon. Sick of Apple shitty patent troll tactics....and i can't believe they get patent for freaky rounded square for icon buttons. Caveman has invented square since the day they draw shapes on the sand with a stick!!![/citation]

You do realize that Microsoft does the exact same thing and HTC also made a license agree with them.

http://blogs.technet.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/communityserver-components-imagefileviewer/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles-00-00-00-82-95/7624.androidpatent.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

We can update the above and make the Apple -> HTC a green one now

This is news indeed. From a few days ago...
Every real tech site posted about this last week.

In other news, today was the launch of Nexus 4, Nexus 10 and the 32GB Nexus 7 on Google Play store (already a lot of them sold out for now). Not a peep out of TH.
Maybe they'll announce it next week, as well.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]_Cosmin_[/nom]Apple assume they will survive 10 more years without Steve...[/citation]

So how long has Apple been in existence? heh

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]So how long has Apple been in existence? heh[/citation]

Bah, sent too soon. True that Steve Jobs greatly boosted Apple but Apple lived without Steve before. Sadly Steve left this Earth too soon but hopefully the consumer electronics market will continue to innovate by people that are inspired by Steve.

nodeffect

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I'm gonna patent the shape of car wheels... so that every car company will have to pay me for making round wheels. And also patent the rectangular shaped TVs. The shape of the remote control too.

Stop all this bullshit and be innovative.

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Bah, sent too soon. True that Steve Jobs greatly boosted Apple but Apple lived without Steve before. Sadly Steve left this Earth too soon but hopefully the consumer electronics market will continue to innovate by people that are inspired by Steve.[/citation]

I'm no great fan of Steve Jobs, but even I acknowledge under SJ's leadership, Apple prospered, because as much as I hate to admit it, SJ was a visionary. A person like SJ wouldn't have let anything that he didn't consider perfect or near perfect would have been released under SJ's leadership. Cook is a business executive and only looks at the profits he can make, hence the problems with the Maps apps being released in a beta stage. And the lack of anything revolutionary in terms of consumer products coming out of Apple since SJ passed. All of the just released hardware are just upgrades but nothing that isn't or hasn't already been available elsewhere or is now being surpassed.

Apple is currently losing market share in virtually every facet of its hardware offerings, that if nothing really captures consumer attention within the next two years from Apple, they will be heading down the same death spiral as before until Jobs came back to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.