Apple is 'Lawyering Up' as Most Sued Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Well of course they are the most sued company in the industry. When you have utter disregard for the intellectual property of others and make billions for it you tend to get sued.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
What is the surprise here ? If they start patent "wars" they have to endure it the other way around - Especially with their tendency to brag about "their" inventions that other really creative companies have already invented years ago...

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I do not know if this is news or comes as a shock to anyone. I mean whoever is at the top is always going to be a target for lawsuits whether they are legit or not. In turn those at the top will sue as well. Just a typical cycle that goes on.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I am "so" shocked that anyone would want to do mean things (like sue) to Apple. I mean, heck, they are the bastions of virtue in the computing world....

I really need to figure out how to type sarcastically........

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Apple is gearing up for a renewed front on the destructive patent wars. Yay more law-suites, less open source and more lunacy from mad man Jobs.

If i remember correctly, and im sure someone will tell me if i dont, didnt they start this "patent war" and now it seems they are having trouble.

fullcircle_bflo

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]I am "so" shocked that anyone would want to do mean things (like sue) to Apple. I mean, heck, they are the bastions of virtue in the computing world....I really need to figure out how to type sarcastically........[/citation]

Search the internet for "sarcasm mark" or sarcmarc.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Without any digits to support these claims its utter useless. In example i would like to know how many cases get settled outside of court for Apple and for instance Microsoft and some other big names. Chances are that Apple just doesn't settle and thus indeed ends up in court way more often. Whatever the supporting data suggest i don't really care but its amazing that claims like these are suggested to be relevant to anything.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]fullcircle_bflo[/nom]Search the internet for "sarcasm mark" or sarcmarc.[/citation]
I'm pretty sure it's copyrighted - you have to actually buy rights to use it.
(I'm actually serious about that one)

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Well if Apple actually gives a damn about their products like tehy PowerBook G4 / bondi Blue / Cube used too they would ahve less issues.

If they payed royalty as in reasonable % per product they would still be able to make their 1300% profits on each items sold and rip-off it's customers then there would be less or almost no issues.

Also if Apple actually did the math they would see it is easier to replace or even give away a replacement items for a defective on as much cheaper and so would have better customer relations instead of the "non existing customer relations currently" + they would not have to fake their stock prices or cook the tax books as much.

FOR:
So why does Apple and all other enemy's of Steve jobs not just agree to disagree and develop opensource standards that is then accepted by all as legally imune while still ripping of customers and making money with the end products.

This would stop a whole lot of USA attorneys stealing from it's clients to keep a law suite running against the best interests of their clients and stop all or most of the corporate JUDGE bribing that we are so used to in the USA.

Half of these clowns posing as lawyers have never even completed high school or was able to read a book so how can they defend anyone if they could stumble onto the legal system that does NOT exists in the USA.

Just look at Obama and his circus doing anything to be in the news or to aggravate his employers the USA citizens, after all he is just another gov employee same as a street sweeper or the rubbish man.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]WarraWarra[/nom]Well if Apple actually gives a damn about their products like tehy PowerBook G4 / bondi Blue / Cube used too they would ahve less issues....Also if Apple actually did the math they would see it is easier to replace or even give away a replacement items for a defective on as much cheaper and so would have better customer relations instead of the "non existing customer relations currently" + they would not have to fake their stock prices or cook the tax books as much....Half of these clowns posing as lawyers have never even completed high school or was able to read a book so how can they defend anyone if they could stumble onto the legal system that does NOT exists in the USA....Just look at Obama and his circus doing anything to be in the news or to aggravate his employers the USA citizens, after all he is just another gov employee same as a street sweeper or the rubbish man.[/citation]

Are you a moron or something? You would be well served to do some fact finding.

Regarding all of the litigation going on with the tech companies now...it is insane. In fact, Microsoft is involved in a very important case that is being followed by all of the tech companies. The problem is that it is too easy to sue over patents...and that is what most of Apple's cases are about...and MS is fighting to bring about much needed change. The laws must change with the technology.

Like I said, most of the suits against Apple are patent related and so your replacement argument is without merit. And, like it or not, Apple rated the highest in customer satisfaction this year. The article is in PCWorld.

Sure, you can practice law without a HS diploma. See it in every court room. Yikes. The lawyers are merely the puppets of their corporate semployers. Hell, it is easy to try and get a few million off of vaguely interpreted patent laws.

Judges are bribed by corporations? Some pretty serious accusations there. Can you prove what you say or are you just hot-headed?

It is not Obama who is running the circus. It is the Republican party who is fixated on giving millionaires tax cuts, cutting unemployment benefits, and not signing the SMART treaty. You seem confused. You really should catch up on your current events. Also, by definition, the President of the US is our elected leader, and a trash collector is a hired public servant...big difference...let me guess, you never took US Government in HS.

Hey, they brought the HTC lawsuit upon themselves and I have good reason to believe that Nokia has a plausible argument in the suit as well.

So in the end, Apple brought this unto themselves by being overly arrogant.

Von Death

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]Apple rated the highest in customer satisfaction this year.[/citation]

We can't repel ratings of that magnitude!

The 8.25 million people who are stupid enough to buy ipads would also be stupid enough to give Apple good ratings.

To break down the ratings system: Would you rather be complimented by 10,000 school children or once by Steven Hawking?

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]von death[/nom]We can't repel ratings of that magnitude!The 8.25 million people who are stupid enough to buy ipads would also be stupid enough to give Apple good ratings. To break down the ratings system: Would you rather be complimented by 10,000 school children or once by Steven Hawking?[/citation]
One Steven Hawking of course

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
[citation][nom]von death[/nom]We can't repel ratings of that magnitude!The 8.25 million people who are stupid enough to buy ipads would also be stupid enough to give Apple good ratings. To break down the ratings system: Would you rather be complimented by 10,000 school children or once by Steven Hawking?[/citation]

Interesting point you make there but i hope you realize that it goes both ways?

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
It's quiet real that if you disregard the intellectual property of others their lawyers will sued you, lots of money for them, misery for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.