Apple is the Most Profitable Company in the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
When you have iSheep willing to buy anything you release...
When said iSheep believe bug are "features" or because "you're holding it wrong" or "that device was dated anyways, you should have bought a new one" and really buy into the BS.
When everyone over 40 that is clinging on to trying to be "cool" and "with the times" and follow blind into the snappy commercials of youth dancing with your overpriced product while they're thinking "that could SO BE ME!!!"
When your innovation is recycling the same design with minor improvements and patenting and trademarking things like glass display windows in the front of your store or square or rectangular objects with rounded corners...

You can keep shoveling overpriced sh1t to the hipsters and be profitable.

Sep 15, 2012
As much as I hate Crapple, they sure know how to hypnotize the masses... I have to thank them. Now when I go to Places it is very easy to tell the sheep from the ones that actually think.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I might be a really open-minded intelligent person who does not conform to big businesses because I own a Galaxy S2 when I bought have bought an iPhone 4!!!!! In fact, we all must be special for owning anything but an iPhone!

Honestly, what difference does it make? You're not any different than an iPhone user, you just choose an alternative, and more than likely, it's an Android, and probably a Galaxy too (if you own any different, good for you, you must be special). You probably haven't even considered the maker's business ethics when purchasing your phone. You are not more special than an iPhone owner, you just own a different phone.

I for one don't feel special owning a Galaxy S2. It makes me look like that guy who's spoiled and would buy the most recent toy with the most features.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
And that's why Microsoft is trying to copy Apple's business model. Overpriced, locked-down hardware, fancy stores, dictatorial approach to product design and of course astonishing arrogance.

Too bad for Microsoft they had only flops since Oct 26th.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]And that's why Microsoft is trying to copy Apple's business model. Overpriced, locked-down hardware, fancy stores, dictatorial approach to product design and of course astonishing arrogance.Too bad for Microsoft they had only flops since Oct 26th.[/citation]
Overpriced in what ? Because they don`t bound the OS to an overpriced hardware piece they have to sell it a bit pricey compared to Mac OS. The OS is expensive in lower developing countries but not in the rich ones. I don`t get it with the locked down hardware and dictatorial approach that you say, guess you still cry of Windows8`s Start screen, a change that you can`t pass because you just like to hate without even understanding why, the Start screen is much better than the Start menu, and this after using Windows 8 for a year already and not to count the other improvements that 8 brings.

G

For all the fickle behavior Microsoft is behaving right now, you would have thought they are in deep trouble like Blackberry. But no, they are #4 in profit, and that's with dismay sales of Windows 8. Lots of blunders they made, like launching Surface RT before Surface Pro, and indirectly tarnishes the image of Windows 8. Now it is clear that Surface Pro sells much better and users are more concerned about the software backward compatibility than an iPad like battery life in the Windows world. Microsoft needs to re-examine itself to see what strength it really has and why users choose MS operating system, and capitalize on that and slowly transit into their final vision. Microsoft and Apple are two very different companies with their own strength and flaws. Trying to simply take a shortcut and COPY what Apple is doing is not going to help them much. And also, Microsoft is really bad in managing their retail hardware supply line and really needs to employ someone who can better manage it.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Was that supposed to be news?

What do ever get in return for buying an Apple product ?
Well let`s see fixed hardware you cannot service, Cheap. And I mean cheap components inside. Anyone ever wondered why all the devices are so hard to get into for the average person.? Anyone got a clue as to exactly why they thwart your attempts to open the device maybe breaking it in the process ? Be cause you would work out you payed for a bit of Tat, other than the stylish looks of it.
And well over the odds of what it cost to make the device paying a heavy premium in prestige and your own stupidity.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I have seen plenty of people wave there I-phone devices at me, there I-Pad and I-Pods, thinking it is some sort of Status symbol or something.
And you know what when they break, Who fixes it ?
How and where do I get it fixed ? is often what I am asked, I smile at them.

At that point the penny drops when I tell them. Fixed hardware and all. Be prepared to pay Apple a lot of money to fix it. Since it is closed hardware for there exact own marketing reasons. So not surprising you made 13.1 billion is it.
Like I said what do you ever get in return for buying an Apple product ?

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]weaselman[/nom]I have seen plenty of people wave there I-phone devices at me, there I-Pad and I-Pods, thinking it is some sort of Status symbol or something.And you know what when they break, Who fixes it ?How and where do I get it fixed ? is often what I am asked, I smile at them. At that point the penny drops when I tell them. Fixed hardware and all. Be prepared to pay Apple a lot of money to fix it. Since it is closed hardware for there exact own marketing reasons. So not surprising you made 13.1 billion is it.Like I said what do you ever get in return for buying an Apple product ?[/citation]

You sir sound like you have Apple envy.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]Overpriced in what ?[/citation]

Surface RT has inferior hardware compared to the iPad and Nexus 10, but costs as much as the iPad and $100 more than Nexus 10. That's why Microsoft sold only 750.000 in three months, even with a $400 million advertising budget (that's just for Surface RT)

[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]I don`t get it with the locked down hardware and dictatorial approach that you say, guess you still cry of Windows8`s Start screen, a change that you can`t pass because you just like to hate without even understanding why, the Start screen is much better than the Start menu, and this after using Windows 8 for a year already and not to count the other improvements that 8 brings.[/citation]

Yeah, that's why Windows 8 has 2.2% market share after 3 months, Xmas shopping season and big upgrade discounts (since expired). That's an adoption rate lower than that of Vista and it's only going to get worse because the upgrade discounts have expired and the entire Metro ecosystem has a big question mark over it, with Surface RT being a flop, WP8 going back under 3% market share, Surface Pro being slammed by reviewers, and Microsoft ordering only 1 million to be produced.

Cool that you like Windows 8, though. I'm sure you liked Zune as well.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]tiltowait[/nom]Now it is clear that Surface Pro sells much better[/citation]

Nope. Surface RT also sold out on the first day, and it was made in way larger quantities. Microsoft ordered only 1 million of Surface Pro units to be produced, compared to 4 million Surface RT, so no, Surface Pro is not selling better, there's just less of it.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]I'm sure you liked Zune as well.[/citation]

Zune was superior to the iPod in every way.

The only thing that failed the Zune was marketing. Ballmar needs to go, techies agree, stockholders agree.

MaXimus421

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I honestly find it very hard to believe Apple is the most profitable company in the U.S.

It seriously does not make one lick of sense to me, regardless of how high their prices are or how many iSheep have an iPhone. I still do not fully believe this.

Anyone else agree here?

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]In US only? So I guess world wide, it sucks @s$.[/citation]

These are for profits generated by an American company. Does not mean profits are all generated in America, it means all profits generated globally in the 4th quarter for an American company.

Apple makes more outside the U.S.A than probably another other company, so yah, what's your point again?

Status
Not open for further replies.