Apple Launches 128 GB iPad, Priced at $799 & $929

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Wow... ExtremeTech had this article last week. And it was written better, though that's not saying much since this is just a copy/paste of generic specs. So, what are they paying Zak for again?

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]jerm1027[/nom]Wow... ExtremeTech had this article last week. And it was written better, though that's not saying much since this is just a copy/paste of generic specs. So, what are they paying Zak for again?[/citation]

Most of these articles are just replicas of 2-3 day old articles from around the web such as iphonehacks.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
How about a world-wide law to force manufacturers to include at least one microSD card reader on a smartphone or tablet computer. And it should be illegal to release such device without some kind of storage expansion.

G

I found the true value of my first ipad in ebay 2 years ago for $150. I jailbreak it 20 different style over night and find out most of the apps in apple store wont support. i downgrade the value and sell it to india for $15.99 plus free shipping. a week later a complain letter from ebay the buyer refuse to take the ipad as garbage and want to return it for full refund.
if you know $799 the ipad is something evil behind. try to get one 2 years later in ebay and suffer.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]How about a world-wide law to force manufacturers to include at least one microSD card reader on a smartphone or tablet computer. And it should be illegal to release such device without some kind of storage expansion.[/citation]
Since the devices with microSD are better, consumers would buy such devices. The free market would have it's way for a while. And then consumers would feel less of a need to buy new phones every 6 months. So, if anything, there will be agreements in between vendors to take away microSD card slots, instead of putting more of them.

halcyon

Splendid
I may be ignorant but can you just install apps and download movies from Google Play onto a microSD card like you can with internal storage. On my Note II it doesn't seem straight-forward to do this.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]jerm1027[/nom]Wow... ExtremeTech had this article last week. And it was written better, though that's not saying much since this is just a copy/paste of generic specs. So, what are they paying Zak for again?[/citation]

Question is does your boss know what your doing on company time?

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]How about a world-wide law to force manufacturers to include at least one microSD card reader on a smartphone or tablet computer. And it should be illegal to release such device without some kind of storage expansion.[/citation]

Who is forcing you to buy it? Last I checked there are a number of tablets on the market that include expand ability....

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]bigangrybirdjaja[/nom]I found the true value of my first ipad in ebay 2 years ago for $150. I jailbreak it 20 different style over night and find out most of the apps in apple store wont support. i downgrade the value and sell it to india for $15.99 plus free shipping. a week later a complain letter from ebay the buyer refuse to take the ipad as garbage and want to return it for full refund.if you know $799 the ipad is something evil behind. try to get one 2 years later in ebay and suffer.[/citation]

Considering what you did to the iPad, I would be a concerned buyer as well. I have sold all of my iDevices on eBay without a single issue or problem from buyers.

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I'd rather buy a Galaxy tab 2 10in, toss in a 128Gb SSD for another 120$, an external mount kit if needed for 15$, and viola! Same amount of storage for half the cost, and may save a bit of battery life since the SSD would use wall sockets. It may not be mobile, but it's cheaper. I'm sure I could fiddle around and find programs to remote access files if I wanted or needed.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Suddenly Surface Pro looks like a bargain. An iPhone with a 10" screen and extra space, or a legit computer running windows and compatible with all the software you already own?

No brainer.

Well the $929 price is completely joke since you can get surface pro with far better hardware (core i5 etc etc) and software (entire x86 world) for only $70 more. But I guess there are still people that will buy this crap...

falcompsx

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

I dont agree about that one bit. They have every right to release a device however they see fit. We as consumers also have every right to just not buy their crap if it is poorly designed. No need to waste tax dollars on pointless regulation.

therogerwilco

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009

Haha, there's a company called Microsoft who got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.