Apple Loses UK Appeal, Must Apologize to Samsung Publicly

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
I wonder if they'll actually do it, or simply ignore it and pay any fines . millions or billions no problem, i'm sure they're calculating the PR cost of the middle finger

G

oh that is so funny

apple to samsung

i'm so sorry, now can you please pay me the $1b i extorted from you in us, nothing personal, just business you know. oh, and by the way we will need to order some more of those things you sold us the other week for our upcoming new products.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
As arrogant as the company is I bet they rather pay a hefty fine, the arrogance is due to its customers are silent consenting to their methods (by buying more of the products).

_Any_ other company who would have contracted a company who have been busted using child labour and have several suicide cases due to working conditions, claiming design faults on their customers (your holding it wrong), make a poor excuse for established software (maps) would have been boycotted rather than take new sell records.

I really have to admire the marketing and pr of the company because they not only allow them to reap in ridiculous margins but also see past all the faults of the company and still make the customer believe its the best thing ever. Its simply amazing what a shroud they put on the sheeps eyes.

shoelessinsight

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]Well... I dont really like apple, but the only thing this does is waste time and money from the court.[/citation]
Assigning fines and punishment is a waste of the court's time? Yes, this whole suit from beginning to end was a waste of time to begin with, but it was Apple that picked the fight, not the courts. Now the UK courts are just cleaning up the mess.

[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]As arrogant as the company is I bet they rather pay a hefty fine, the arrogance is due to its customers are silent consenting to their methods (by buying more of the products)._Any_ other company who would have contracted a company who have been busted using child labour and have several suicide cases due to working conditions, claiming design faults on their customers (your holding it wrong), make a poor excuse for established software (maps) would have been boycotted rather than take new sell records.I really have to admire the marketing and pr of the company because they not only allow them to reap in ridiculous margins but also see past all the faults of the company and still make the customer believe its the best thing ever. Its simply amazing what a shroud they put on the sheeps eyes.[/citation]
I agree with most of this, minus the points referring to Foxconn. You say any other company than Apple would be boycotted for using Foxconn, but the truth is that almost every tech company uses them to some degree, and most people don't seem to be boycotting those companies. To be fair, it's hard to boycott something when there's almost no alternative and it's difficult to track which products use Foxconn parts.

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
"This past summer, a UK judge said that Samsung wasn't infringing upon Apple patents because the Galaxy Tab wasn't cool."

So Apple has not only patented colors and shapes, but now cool, too? :) So Funny

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
samsung, hire a look alike actor and make a fake windows vs mac comertial.
(samsung first, apple second, in alturnateing order)
im a samsung
im an iphone
iphone, you got something to say
no
really, i got a court order that you have to
fine... im sorry i lied and tried to make it look like you were copying us
fell better
no
well i do

cornandbeans

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
[citation][nom]egilbe[/nom]"This past summer, a UK judge said that Samsung wasn't infringing upon Apple patents because the Galaxy Tab wasn't cool."So Apple has not only patented colors and shapes, but now cool, too? So Funny[/citation]
I think he said that so if Apple wants to appeal they have to admit they are not cool first. (Samsung copied us, so if their products are uncool, ours are too!)

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
"Sorry your products aren't as cool as ours." - Apple.

Apple will find a way to grill Samsung while 'apologising' in these adverts, I'm sure.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]shoelessinsight[/nom]Assigning fines and punishment is a waste of the court's time?[/citation]
When most of the patents being disputed are trivial and worthless things like bounce-back scrolling that should not have been granted in the first place, it certainly looks like a waste of the courts' time due to patent offices not doing their job cross-checking existing patents and prior-art before granting new patents.

[citation][nom]CrArC[/nom]"Sorry your products aren't as cool as ours." - Apple.Apple will find a way to grill Samsung while 'apologising' in these adverts, I'm sure.[/citation]
The best part, IIRC, is that Apple has to vet the apology by Samsung before publishing it. :p

gfair

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
So Apple has to apologize despite the fact that everybody admits Samsung stole generously from the iPhone and iPad on numerous different design and technology counts. I have seen the statements and spoken with numerous individuals - everybody admits what Samsung stole from Apple is non-trivial, and they all continue to concur that what Samsung stole was not just patents that may be invalid due to prior art, but genuine patented innovation and the look-and-feel of the iPhone and iPad. Remember that story of the court forcing the rape victim to marry the attacker? This stinks an awful lot like that.

[citation][nom]gfair[/nom]So Apple has to apologize despite the fact that everybody admits Samsung stole generously from the iPhone and iPad on numerous different design and technology counts. I have seen the statements and spoken with numerous individuals - everybody admits what Samsung stole from Apple is non-trivial, and they all continue to concur that what Samsung stole was not just patents that may be invalid due to prior art, but genuine patented innovation and the look-and-feel of the iPhone and iPad. Remember that story of the court forcing the rape victim to marry the attacker? This stinks an awful lot like that.[/citation]
Who is this "everybody" of whom you speak? There's far from general agreement on that subject, unless you actually meant "Everybody who uses Apple products 'admits' that what Samsung stole from Apple is nontrivial..."

Also, your post lost all credibility when you compared a genuine atrocity to the squabbling of corporations.

G

@gfair

yes i believe Samsung actually stole some skin tissue of Steve Jobs and have secretly cloned him so they can more closely copy Apple's 'design' as well as the secret of the technology behind grid of rounded square icons and bounce back

Be0wulf22

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
"a UK judge said the Samsung wasn't infriging upon Apple patents because the Galaxy Tab wasn't cool"

"Dear Samung users, we're sorry your tablet isn't cool like ours. For a moment there we thought it might be, but we've been proven wrong in a court of law. Best wishes and good luck with your uncool tablet." --Apple

lp231

Splendid
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]LOL. A copy of that apologetic ad will make Wallpaper of the Month.[/citation]

We need to frame it and send a copy to every museum in the world so future generations will see the epic fail on Apple for millions and millions of years!

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
LOL @ that last line. I don't think being cool is patent-able. Crapple was never cool in my book anyway. They dumbed down the technology so that dummies can use it. Only works so well because so many people are completely lost when it comes to technology.

I just love how UK and EU aren't afraid to set rules that actually help consumers and break monopolies. I can think of so many examples outside of Apple's loss in the UK. A lot of people in our country are too stupid to understand that pure capitalism is not a lot better than pure communism. And that the people running the country should not be average Joes, but rather our smartest and very best. The correct answers are always somewhere between two extreme views. Enough of my rant!

masmotors

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
apple is cool for girls my daughters love there ipod i love my gaming pc with grat stuff apple would never give me i loved it in the 90s as a kid but men like pc not apple its for GIRLS

masmotors

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
apple is cool for girls my daughters love there ipod i love my gaming pc with grat stuff apple would never give me i loved it in the 90s as a kid but men like pc not apple its for GIRLS

Status
Not open for further replies.