Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch (2018) Review: More Power for Pros

I have a Thunderbolt3 adapter with USB 3.0 A ports, an Ethernet port (yes, that's of value to me) a DVI port, and some stuff I don't use. Downside, I need it. Upside, it works and gives me connectivity. It doesn't cheese me off that badly.

Besides, someday Thunderbolt over USB-c will be a universal connector and everything will work with it including displays. Oh, wait, that's what they said about the first USB. Might be a while until I see a USB-C keyboard.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

It's good for Louis Rossmann's business.

papality

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
"[...]the CPU measured an average 96 degrees Celsius (204.8 degrees Fahrenheit) during the test."

...What? how on earth is that acceptable from *any* product, let alone a so-called professional or premium one?

Dosflores

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

Thunderbolt and USB-C are two different things. Thunderbolt is a protocol developed by Intel, so it won't ever be universal. USB-C will indeed become a universal connector. USB-C displays are already out there. They use DisplayPort over USB-C (and DisplayPort is a universal protocol). USB-C keyboards and mice are already a thing too.

chaosmassive

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
I surprised Tom's didn't bother to put high temperature as con and also I
dont understand how 96C is acceptable for you guys,

remember when R9 290X first launched? internet went nut over 96C GPU even thought AMD stated is operating at intended temperature.

and somehow you guys comfortable with 96C on this overpriced and glorified browsing machine ?

you guys bought this product or apple sent it for free for you guys to keep?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts