Apple May Be Stylish, But It's Definitely Not Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Isn't this the "green" group that takes donations from companies and then rates them. I swear I read a article about them last year getting caught doing that.

These groups always seem to focus on US companies. We have some of the strictest environmental laws in the world. They should be focusing on China and any products that role out of their. Since China has about zero environmental laws. If you keep pushing for more regulation of US companies then that will mean higher prices for US production thus more production in China, causing even more environmental impact. So just leave the laws as they are, no more, at least until other countries catch up law wise.

These groups do not seem to realize that they just make the situation worse by increasing US regulation.

Perhaps this scorecard is because Apple produces so many of its products in China, whereas IBM has fabrication plants in the US and other environmentally strict nations.

dzmcm

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Does anybody else out there have doubts about the relevence of this whole "green movment?" I'm just saying, what if the politically motivated science is wrong, and this is all just sillyness?

What kind of response would I get for stating an opinion that differs from the popular belief? Would I be chastised for thinking that the science is wrong and we aren't destroying the earth? Are people going to look down on Apple as though not believing, or not changing to conform is reckless or immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.