Apple Needs New iPhone 5S, iPhone Lite in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Splendid

It'll be imperceptibly faster and Siri will be slightly less pubescent.

stanley780

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
I was reading an article from Mobilesyrup why smartphone sales are stagnating. To sum it up people aren't in a hurry to upgrade since performance increases don't cut it anymore since a galaxy s3 from last year is still a perfectly capable smartphone now and has all the performance needed to run the latest apps smoothly. And there are contracts not many people want to break a contract or spend $600+ for an extra 2 cores in their phone. The only way to get people to upgrade are with new innovative features even though 99% of them are useless, people will still think they need them. Or a larger battery, people really like having a phone that lasts 4+ hours without having to be charged. Apple needs to start being innovative again or they are going to lose the smartphone race. Samsung beats Apple in most aspects of the phone, battery life, features, removable sd card, etc. The smartphone market is also becoming saturated with choices and lowered price phones that offer similar or the same specs for less. Apple needs to stop riding the "I need a new apple product every time it's released" wave because it's losing momentum. And why would anyone on earth get a cheap plastic iphone made from ABS when they can get an old iphone 4s for $300 used or a new one for $500 that isn't made to be cheap and will offer similar specs.

jk_ventolero

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

And don't forget the additional row of icons. That one's the kicker.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Apple has stubbornly refused to do anything "budget" so I doubt the Lite rumors. I have the feeling they'd need to be a little more desperate for stock performance than they are right now before they risk their brand identity as "top quality at almost any cost".

Heh. They'll come up with something "new" taken straight from Android and "adapted" for iOS, like they've been doing for the last couple iterations. They'll marginally upgrade the hardware and call it "revolutionary", yet again for all the gullible drones out there to flock to it. LOL.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
I love how the iphone 4/4s were big deals but when the iPhone 5 came out, the first iPhone with 4g, a different size, very thin, and fast, people just said it was no improvement.

VipC

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
the point of the Iphone Lite is for most of the users outside the U.S. who may not want a subsidized plan for their phone. Android is dominating in this area and apple needs to have a more affordable offering.

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Main benefit: it will have good performance using the latest iOS, whereas your current iphone, which is working fine right now, will suddenly run like an old phone after you update iOS. Apple is evil. They push hardware by crippling compatibility between new software and slightly older hardware. It's one of the inherent evils of pairing hardware maker and OS maker within the same company. Others seem to be trying to follow Apple's lead on that.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Will look the same be the same just a slight speed bump with every "s" model they've ever done and then market it as something completely new. Galaxy Note 3 for me in September they can have the "s" lol.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Yes, figo to the not so new iphone, and lets worship the not so new Samsung with the same look and a slight speed bump that is marketed as something completely new!

axefire0

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
"They'll come up with something "new" taken straight from Android and "adapted" for iOS, like they've been doing for the last couple iterations."

.. and Apple will file patent for it too.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
the iPhone is the anti-left handed phone. Seriously you cant come out with a lockscreen for left handed people to swype the opposite direction. Thank goodness for Android for allowing costomization for any person. I love Apex Launcher. Sheep have no clue what they are missing out on.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I'm appled out, picked up my BlackBerry Z10 in April, and freaking love it, especially, now that all the apps I use are on it, Shazam being the exception but I had already switched to SoundHound on my iPhone prior to going back to BlackBerry.

SilverWolf9000

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
I am neither an Apple, Microsoft, or Android fanboy... But what the hell? Why do half the comments seem like they are just hating or raging? Who gives a crap? If you don't like it, you don't have to throw a temper tantrum. I honestly do not care if you think Apple is the most greedy and corrupted company in the world, because lots of companies are like that. Can we just learn to be civilized instead of screaming and kicking like 2 year olds? Please? Jesus Christ...

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

It is apparently the nature of most on the internet to rage against anyone or anything that is not like what you like/own. Intel vs. AMD, PC vs. Console, Apple vs. whoever... the only thing you can do is police yourself and hope it filters in over time.

SilverWolf9000

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

Oh what our world has come to...

Status
Not open for further replies.